Bill Barrett Corporation is an independent energy company that develops, acquires and explores for oil and natural gas resources. The Company's assets and operations are located in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. It has over two areas of production: The Denver-Julesburg Basin (DJ Basin) and the Uinta Oil Program in the Uinta Basin. Its acreage positions in the DJ Basin are located in Colorado's eastern plains and parts of southeastern Wyoming. It had interests in 299 gross producing wells and served as an operator in 202 gross wells, as of December 31, 2016. The Uinta Basin is located in northeastern Utah. Uinta Basin's estimated proved reserves are 21.4 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMBoe). Uinta Basin has interests in approximately 240 gross producing wells. The Company serves as an operator in over 170 gross wells. The Uinta Oil Program includes over three areas of development located in the basin referred as Blacktail Ridge, Lake Canyon and East Bluebell.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas Exploration and Production - NEC
- Sub-Industry: Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
- Symbol: NYSE:BBG
- CUSIP: 06846N10
- Web: www.billbarrettcorp.com
- Market Cap: $233.42 million
- Outstanding Shares: 74,881,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $3.21
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $4.09
- 52 Week Range: $2.75 - $8.24
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -2.77
- P/E Growth: -0.13
- Annual Revenue: $192.51 million
- Price / Sales: 1.14
- Book Value: $7.24 per share
- Price / Book: 0.41
- EBIDTA: $138.41 million
- Net Margins: -52.54%
- Return on Equity: -7.65%
- Return on Assets: -3.07%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.23%
- Current Ratio: 2.40%
- Quick Ratio: 2.40%
- Average Volume: 1.81 million shs.
- Beta: 3.46
- Short Ratio: 5.17
Frequently Asked Questions for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG)
What is Bill Barrett Corporation's stock symbol?
Bill Barrett Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BBG."
How were Bill Barrett Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG) released its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August, 1st. The company reported ($0.17) EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.24) by $0.07. The company earned $51.07 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $53.57 million. Bill Barrett Corporation had a negative net margin of 52.54% and a negative return on equity of 7.65%. Bill Barrett Corporation's revenue for the quarter was up 8.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the firm earned ($0.13) EPS. View Bill Barrett Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Bill Barrett Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Bill Barrett Corporation's stock going? Where will Bill Barrett Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
12 brokerages have issued 12-month price objectives for Bill Barrett Corporation's stock. Their predictions range from $1.50 to $14.00. On average, they expect Bill Barrett Corporation's stock price to reach $7.21 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Bill Barrett Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Bill Barrett Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Bill Barrett Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Bill Barrett Corporation, headquartered in Denver, explores for and develops oil and natural gas in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. The Company has projects in nine basins in the Rocky Mountains. " (8/14/2017)
- 2. National Securities analysts commented, "What Happened:
• In 4Q16, Bill Barrett finished slightly below our production estimates, while total volumes declined 8% on an annualized basis. Specifically, the company produced 16.8 thousand barrels of oil equivalent (Mboe) per day, versus our expectation of 17.4 Mboe/d. On an annual basis, the company produced at a pace of 16.7 Mboe/d from 18.1 Mboe/d in 2015, but within company guidance.
• BBG’s saw a 34% negative revision in its base of proved reserves, driven by a lower year over year SEC price deck.
• Specific to pricing, Bill Barrett earned realized prices of $62.03 per barrel of oil (bbl), up once from the prior quarter. For natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGL’s), realized prices rose 3 % and 18% respectively, over the same time period.
• In our view, additional upside remains on the table for BBG, even by conservative metrics. Specifically, in valuing the firm on the basis of production, proved reserves, and projected EBITDA, the firm remains undervalued in our view.
• We note the recent acquisition of 13,800 contiguous acres in the DJ-Basin, which should do well to complement the company’s extended reach lateral (XRL) drilling program. We note the announcement of 80 additional XRL drilling locations, along with ownership interests in an additional 20.
• Management’s indication of the intended drilling of half of the locations in 2017 leads us to believe that the company is taking an opportunistic, but cautious drilling pace in the upcoming year. To that extent, we note that production is expected to be flat to moderately higher on the year, with larger production gains to occur in 2018.
On the macroeconomic front, we sense a firming of oil prices, and contend that the projected ramp in production will coincide nicely with higher realized prices. Moreover, we note that pricing differentials in the DJ Basin have narrowed 58%, (at $3.45) relative to benchmark WTI crude prices.
• While production was down on the year, we like the stability of the overall volumes, in conjunction with significantly lower spending. To that end, we note that capex was down 67% annually, while production moderated just 8%. As a result, BBG generated cash flow on the year that exceeded its spending levels. As it stands, we model $270 million in capital spending, assuming a 2 rig program, and targeting the midpoint of company guidance.
• Our conversations with BBG in the past lead us to believe that the company will execute its forward looking drilling program within cash on hand and operational cash flow. Recent comments from management tell us that this strategy/philosophy remains intact. Ultimately, we expect that this will keep subsequent debt at relatively low levels. As it stands, we highlight net debt to total capital ratios of approximately 34%, along with 3.2x EBITDA to interest expense coverage (well within our comfort zone).
• We reiterate our BUY rating on BBG shares, but trim our target to $8 (from $9), to reflect the aforementioned revision in proved reserves. We base our target on a blended average of BBG’s daily production, proved reserves, and projected EBITDA figures. In doing so, we arrive at a target of $8 per share. Additionally, our model adds $3.08 for a working capital surplus, while deducting $5.76 per share for net debt. Thus given the 62% implied upside to current price, we maintain our BUY rating and $8 target.
- 3. KLR Group analysts commented, "We are increasing our BBG target price $1 to $10 per share due to the positive NPV implication of accelerating NE Wattenberg development and lower operating expense partially offset by approximately 1% lower oil composition. Bill Barrett's mid-cycle capital yield is ~140%, slightly below the industry median cash recycle ratio of ~145%. Our '17 production expectation of ~6.4 Mmboe is in the upper half of company guidance (6-6.5 Mmboe)." (3/3/2017)
Who are some of Bill Barrett Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Bill Barrett Corporation include Energy XXI Gulf Coast (EXXI), SOCO International plc (SIA), Sanchez Energy Corporation (SN), Hurricane Energy PLC (HUR), Enquest Plc (ENQ), Genel Energy PLC (GENL), San Juan Basin Royalty Trust (SJT), Faroe Petroleum plc (FPM), Pengrowth Energy Corporation (PGH), Andes Energia PLC (AEN), California Resources Corporation (CRC), Sound Energy PLC (SOU), Abraxas Petroleum Corporation (AXAS), Premier Oil PLC (PMO), W&T Offshore (WTI), Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited (GKP), Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd (FOG) and Approach Resources (AREX).
Who are Bill Barrett Corporation's key executives?
Bill Barrett Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- James W. Mogg, Independent Chairman of the Board
- R. Scot Woodall, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- William M. Crawford, Senior Vice President - Treasury and Finance
- Kenneth A. Wonstolen, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- David R. Macosko, Senior Vice President - Accounting
- Troy L. Schindler, Senior Vice President - Operations
- Carin Marcy Barth, Independent Director
- Kevin Omar Meyers Ph.D., Independent Director
- William F. Owens, Independent Director
- Edmund P. Segner III, Independent Director
Who owns Bill Barrett Corporation stock?
Bill Barrett Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (8.30%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (7.09%), Vanguard Group Inc. (5.59%), Caymus Capital Partners L.P. (5.36%), Divisar Capital Management LLC (4.71%) and Bank of New York Mellon Corp (2.94%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Bill Barrett Corporation.
Who sold Bill Barrett Corporation stock? Who is selling Bill Barrett Corporation stock?
Bill Barrett Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp, Vanguard Group Inc., Caymus Capital Partners L.P., Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Ameriprise Financial Inc., Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC, Boston Partners and KBC Group NV. View Insider Buying and Selling for Bill Barrett Corporation.
Who bought Bill Barrett Corporation stock? Who is buying Bill Barrett Corporation stock?
Bill Barrett Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Divisar Capital Management LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Thrivent Financial For Lutherans, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Northern Trust Corp, Wasatch Advisors Inc. and Municipal Employees Retirement System of Michigan. View Insider Buying and Selling for Bill Barrett Corporation.
How do I buy Bill Barrett Corporation stock?
Shares of Bill Barrett Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Bill Barrett Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE BBG)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Bill Barrett Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Bill Barrett Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.94.
Consensus Ratings for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 5 Hold Ratings, 6 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.42)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$7.21 (145.18% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG)
(Data available from 8/17/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|8/12/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Set Price Target||Hold||$3.00||Medium|
|8/3/2017||KLR Group||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$7.00 -> $8.00||High|
|6/21/2017||Seaport Global Securities||Downgrade||Neutral -> Sell||$6.00 -> $1.50||High|
|5/26/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$8.00||N/A|
|5/4/2017||FBR & Co||Lower Price Target||Market Perform||$6.00 -> $5.00||High|
|4/22/2017||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$6.00 -> $5.00||Medium|
|3/7/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Lower Price Target||Hold||$9.00 -> $8.00||N/A|
|3/7/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$8.00 -> $7.00||N/A|
|2/28/2017||National Securities||Lower Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$9.00 -> $8.00||N/A|
|3/3/2017||Wunderlich||Lower Price Target||Hold||$8.00 -> $5.00||N/A|
|10/15/2016||Scotiabank||Reiterated Rating||Sector Outperform||$12.00 -> $14.00||N/A|
|10/14/2016||Howard Weil||Boost Price Target||Sector Outperform||$12.00 -> $14.00||N/A|
|8/14/2016||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|6/30/2016||Johnson Rice||Initiated Coverage||Buy||N/A|
|3/11/2016||Northcoast Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|1/27/2016||Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$7.00 -> $4.00||N/A|
|12/22/2015||KeyCorp||Lower Price Target||$8.00||N/A|
|10/13/2015||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$5.00||N/A|
|10/9/2015||Cowen and Company||Boost Price Target||Underperform||$4.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG)Earnings History by Quarter for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE BBG)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017||Q2 2017||($0.24)||($0.17)||$53.57 million||$51.07 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2017||Q1 2017||($0.26)||($0.16)||$52.83 million||$50.54 million||View||Listen|
|3/2/2017||Q4 2016||($0.13)||($0.18)||$66.47 million||$51.60 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||($0.14)||($0.10)||$62.91 million||$50.48 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2016||Q216||($0.21)||($0.13)||$55.67 million||$57.28 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2016||Q116||($0.22)||($0.28)||$56.19 million||$29.43 million||View||Listen|
|3/1/2016||Q4||($0.04)||$0.07||$83.08 million||$45.56 million||View||N/A|
|11/5/2015||Q315||($0.09)||($0.09)||$79.77 million||$49.68 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||($0.10)||($0.08)||$85.35 million||$62.62 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2015||Q115||($0.09)||($0.12)||$83.60 million||$49.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/25/2015||Q414||($0.04)||($0.23)||$87.00 million||$66.90 million||View||Listen|
|11/6/2014||Q314||($0.02)||($0.06)||$34.43 million||$135.26 million||View||Listen|
|7/31/2014||Q214||$0.03||($0.18)||$132.40 million||$145.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/1/2014||Q1||$0.08||($0.05)||$125.95 million||$127.70 million||View||Listen|
|2/20/2014||Q413||($0.02)||$0.11||$143.52 million||$138.96 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2013||Q313||($0.08)||($0.09)||$147.77 million||$148.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/1/2013||Q2 2013||$0.03||($0.19)||$149.80 million||$142.30 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||($0.25)||$142.87 million||$138.30 million||View||Listen|
|2/21/2013||Q4 2012||$0.10||$0.15||$188.30 million||$179.80 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($1.04)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.51)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 4.90%Insider Trades by Quarter for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|2/18/2015||Robert William Howard||CFO||Sell||12,060||$12.64||$152,438.40|| |
|1/13/2015||R Scot Woodall||CEO||Buy||500||$9.55||$4,775.00|| |
|1/9/2015||R Scot Woodall||CEO||Buy||4,500||$9.82||$44,190.00|| |
|12/10/2014||Jim W Mogg||Director||Buy||25,000||$8.01||$200,250.00|| |
|12/2/2014||Larry A Parnell||SVP||Buy||10,000||$9.36||$93,600.00|| |
|7/22/2014||Robert William Howard||CFO||Sell||4,816||$25.21||$121,411.36|| |
|6/18/2014||R Scot Woodall||CEO||Sell||2,584||$28.00||$72,352.00|| |
|6/13/2014||David R Macosko||SVP||Sell||2,169||$27.52||$59,690.88|| |
|6/11/2014||R Scot Woodall||CEO||Sell||2,992||$26.50||$79,288.00|| |
|6/10/2014||R Scot Woodall||CEO||Sell||3,298||$26.31||$86,770.38|| |
|5/29/2014||Robert William Howard||CFO||Sell||13,656||$25.50||$348,228.00|| |
|12/27/2013||Randy Stein||Director||Sell||10,000||$28.00||$280,000.00|| |
|11/26/2013||Stephen Warren Rawlings||SVP||Sell||2,000||$28.00||$56,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG)
Latest Headlines for Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE:BBG)
Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Chart for Thursday, August, 17, 2017