About 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)
22nd Century Group, Inc. is a plant biotechnology company. The Company is focused on technology that allows increasing or decreasing the level of nicotine and other nicotinic alkaloids in tobacco plants, and levels of cannabinoids in cannabis plants through genetic engineering and plant breeding. It is engaged in various activities, including research and development of less harmful or modified risk tobacco products and tobacco plant varieties; development of X-22, a smoking cessation aid consisting of very low nicotine (VLN) cigarettes; manufacture, marketing and distribution of its RED SUN and MAGIC cigarettes; production of SPECTRUM research cigarettes for the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA); contract manufacturing of third-party branded tobacco products, and research and development of plant varieties of hemp/cannabis, such as plants with low to no amounts of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), plants with high levels of cannabidiol (CBD), and other non-THC cannabinoids.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Industrials
- Industry: Environmental Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:XXII
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.xxiicentury.com/
- Market Cap: $273.34 million
- Outstanding Shares: 102,760,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $2.78
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $1.95
- 52 Week Range: $0.81 - $3.50
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -38.00
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $12.56 million
- Price / Sales: 21.76
- Book Value: $0.26 per share
- Price / Book: 10.23
- EBITDA: ($10,690,000.00)
- Net Margins: -86.10%
- Return on Equity: -57.55%
- Return on Assets: -49.40%
- Average Volume: 4.35 million shs.
- Short Ratio: 3.09
Frequently Asked Questions for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)
What is 22nd Century Group's stock symbol?
22nd Century Group trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "XXII."
How were 22nd Century Group's earnings last quarter?
22nd Century Group Inc (NYSE:XXII) issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 10th. The company reported ($0.04) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.03) by $0.01. The firm had revenue of $3.02 million for the quarter. 22nd Century Group had a negative net margin of 86.10% and a negative return on equity of 57.55%. View 22nd Century Group's Earnings History.
When will 22nd Century Group make its next earnings announcement?
Where is 22nd Century Group's stock going? Where will 22nd Century Group's stock price be in 2017?
1 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for 22nd Century Group's shares. Their predictions range from $11.50 to $11.50. On average, they expect 22nd Century Group's stock price to reach $11.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for 22nd Century Group.
What are analysts saying about 22nd Century Group stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about 22nd Century Group stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "22nd Century Group, Inc. is a plant biotechnology company focused on decreasing/increasing the level of nicotine in the tobacco plant through genetic engineering and breeding. The Company is focused on development of smoking cessation aid and owns and controls several patents. The company's products include X-22, a prescription smoking cessation aid, which is a tobacco-based botanical medical product for use as a smoking cessation therapy. 22nd Century Group, Inc. is based in Williamsville, New York. " (10/18/2017)
- 2. Chardan Capital analysts commented, "We expect 22nd Century to report Q4 results this week. Our revenue estimate for the quarter is $3.1 million, equivalent to Q3 results. For the full year this results in revenue of $12 million. We expect the company on its earnings call to focus on recent communications with the FDA regarding its PMTA (Premarket Tobacco Product Applications), the MRTP (Modified Risk Tobacco Product) applications and a path forward for X-22. Earlier this month the FDA granted a guidance meeting to discuss X-22 and the ways 22nd Century could attempt to win approval for X-22 as a prescription-based aid for smoking cessation. The company has also received written feedback on the MRTP application for Brand A, the company's very low nicotine (VLN) cigarette. As we progress through the year we expect additional milestones to be reached on 22nd Century's attempt to use its proprietary technology to create VLN products for the smoking cessation market." (3/7/2017)
Are investors shorting 22nd Century Group?
22nd Century Group saw a increase in short interest in September. As of September 29th, there was short interest totalling 7,563,163 shares, an increase of 0.8% from the September 15th total of 7,500,903 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 3,558,908 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 2.1 days. Currently, 8.8% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of 22nd Century Group's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to 22nd Century Group include Net 1 UEPS Technologies (UEPS), Johnson Service Group plc (JSG), Touchstone Innovations PLC (IVO), Redde PLC (REDD), Chemring Group plc (CHG), SThree Plc (STHR), ITE Group plc (ITE), Costain Group PLC (COST), Mears Group PLC (MER), Ricardo plc (RCDO), SafeCharge International Group Ltd (SCH), Clipper Logistics PLC (CLG), Volution Group PLC (FAN), Ocean Wilsons Holdings Limited (OCN), Robert Walters PLC (RWA), Luceco PLC (LUCE), Global Ports Holding PLC (GPH) and Vectrus (VEC).
Who are 22nd Century Group's key executives?
22nd Century Group's management team includes the folowing people:
- Henry Sicignano III, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- John T. Brodfuehrer, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer
- Thomas L. James Esq., Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Paul Rushton Ph.D., Vice President - Plant Biotechnology
- Michael R. Moynihan Ph.D., Vice President - Research & Development
- James W. Cornell, Non-Executive Independent Chairman of the Board
- Nora B. Sullivan, Director
- Joseph Alexander Dunn Ph.D., Independent Director
- Richard M. Sanders, Independent Director
How do I buy 22nd Century Group stock?
Shares of 22nd Century Group can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is 22nd Century Group's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for 22nd Century Group (NYSE XXII)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about 22nd Century Group and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of 22nd Century Group stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.66.
Consensus Ratings for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$11.50 (332.33% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)
Analysts' Ratings History for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/16/2017||Chardan Capital||Boost Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$3.50 -> $11.50||N/A|
Earnings History for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)Earnings History by Quarter for 22nd Century Group (NYSE XXII)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/4/2015||Q215||($0.02)||($0.02)||$1.30 million||$2.31 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.10 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.07 EPS
Dividend History for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)Insider Trades by Quarter for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/29/2017||Michael Robert Moynihan||VP||Sell||50,000||$2.67||$133,500.00|| |
|7/31/2017||Michael Robert Moynihan||VP||Sell||29,532||$2.00||$59,064.00|| |
|6/8/2017||Michael Robert Moynihan||VP||Sell||20,468||$2.00||$40,936.00|| |
|10/31/2016||Michael Robert Moynihan||VP||Sell||100,000||$1.28||$128,000.00|| |
|3/29/2016||John T Brodfuehrer||CFO||Buy||12,500||$0.77||$9,625.00|| |
|11/3/2015||Michael Robert Moynihan||VP||Sell||50,000||$1.40||$70,000.00|| |
|6/30/2015||Joseph Pandolfino||Director||Sell||91,178||$0.95||$86,619.10|| |
|12/31/2014||Joseph Pandolfino||Director||Sell||105,124||$1.65||$173,454.60|| |
|12/26/2014||Joseph Pandolfino||Director||Sell||41,722||$1.54||$64,251.88|| |
|12/22/2014||Joseph Pandolfino||Director||Sell||52,683||$1.60||$84,292.80|| |
|12/17/2014||Joseph Pandolfino||Director||Sell||75,768||$1.62||$122,744.16|| |
|12/11/2014||Joseph Pandolfino||Director||Sell||67,836||$1.65||$111,929.40|| |
|5/9/2014||Richard M Sanders||Director||Buy||20,000||$2.23||$44,600.00|| |
|4/23/2014||Michael Robert Moynihan||VP||Sell||100,000||$2.44||$244,000.00|| |
|3/12/2014||Joseph Pandolfino||CEO||Sell||95,000||$5.73||$544,350.00|| |
|12/10/2013||Clearwater Partners, Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||10,000||$1.55||$15,500.00|| |
|12/3/2013||Clearwater Partners, Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||10,000||$1.35||$13,500.00|| |
|11/19/2013||Clearwater Partners, Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||30,074||$1.09||$32,780.66|| |
|11/13/2013||Clearwater Partners, Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||11,826||$0.98||$11,589.48|| |
|11/11/2013||Clearwater Partners, Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||7,100||$1.03||$7,313.00|| |
|11/7/2013||Clearwater Partners, Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||9,000||$1.15||$10,350.00|| |
Headline Trends for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)
Latest Headlines for 22nd Century Group (NYSE:XXII)
Loading headlines, please wait.
22nd Century Group (XXII) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017