Rowan Companies plc is a provider of offshore contract drilling services to the international oil and gas industry. The Company operates through two segments: deepwater and jack-ups. Its deepwater segment consists of drillship operations. As of December 31, 2016, the Company's fleet consisted of 29 mobile offshore drilling units, including 25 self-elevating jack-up rigs and four ultra-deepwater drillships. The Company's fleet operates across the world, including the United States Gulf of Mexico (US GOM), the United Kingdom and Norwegian sectors of the North Sea, the Middle East and Trinidad. As of February 14, 2017, the Company's drilling fleet consisted of four ultra-deepwater drillships; 19 high-specification cantilever jack-up rigs, and six premium cantilever jack-up rigs. Its jack-ups are capable of drilling wells to maximum depths ranging from 25,000 to 40,000 feet and in maximum water depths ranging from 300 to 550 feet, depending on rig size, location and outfitting.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration
- Sub-Industry: Oil & Gas Drilling
- Symbol: NYSE:RDC
- CUSIP: G7665A10
- Web: www.rowan.com
- Market Cap: $1.55 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 126,098,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $13.94
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $16.61
- 52 Week Range: $12.00 - $21.68
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 7.49
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -5.80
- P/E Growth: 0.22
- Annual Revenue: $1.72 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.90
- Book Value: $42.28 per share
- Price / Book: 0.29
- EBIDTA: $874.7 million
- Net Margins: 23.15%
- Return on Equity: 7.52%
- Return on Assets: 4.41%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.44%
- Current Ratio: 2.22%
- Quick Ratio: 2.22%
- Average Volume: 3.02 million shs.
- Beta: 1.68
- Short Ratio: 6.93
Frequently Asked Questions for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)
What is Rowan Companies PLC's stock symbol?
Rowan Companies PLC trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "RDC."
How were Rowan Companies PLC's earnings last quarter?
Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC) released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 2nd. The company reported $0.07 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.13 by $0.06. The business had revenue of $374.30 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $358.01 million. Rowan Companies PLC had a net margin of 23.15% and a return on equity of 7.52%. The company's revenue for the quarter was down 25.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $0.98 EPS. View Rowan Companies PLC's Earnings History.
When will Rowan Companies PLC make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Rowan Companies PLC's stock going? Where will Rowan Companies PLC's stock price be in 2017?
26 brokerages have issued 12-month price targets for Rowan Companies PLC's stock. Their predictions range from $14.00 to $26.00. On average, they expect Rowan Companies PLC's share price to reach $18.16 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Rowan Companies PLC.
What are analysts saying about Rowan Companies PLC stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Rowan Companies PLC stock:
- 1. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "RDC solidified, if not modestly strengthened, our sense of the relatively healthy demand outlook for many of its jackups through the medium-term, and we continue to see healthy FCF generation through the long-term. However, we see ample downside risk to estimates through 2018E, as we believe the spottiness of work as the cycle turns, and the likelihood of depressed dayrates through 2018 suggest (much) weaker earnings than is appreciated. Maintain Hold." (2/25/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Rowan Companies offers investors stable earnings and cash flow visibility, given its technologically advanced and versatile offshore drilling fleet, strong backlog and considerable pricing power. The company's decision to eliminate its dividend might have disappointed income investors but it has provided the much-needed stability to its balance sheet. We also appreciate Rowan’s cost-control initiatives like its decision to significantly lower its 2016 operating expenses. Owing to these strong fundamentals, the company has been able to outperform the Zacks categorized Oil & Gas – U.S. Exploration & Production industry, over a period of three months. However, the company remains unsure of its near-term prospects. With most companies slowing down on activity to manage costs, the company’s utilization rate will be affected and rigs downtime will be increased." (1/3/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "Production from EOG’s wells that started production in 3Q15 and 4Q15 and now have at least six months of production and revenue generation (i.e., the latest wells with such data available) spiked versus EOG’s own previous wells and versus peer wells. Lateral placement appears to be the key to the spike in production and revenue generation." (9/19/2016)
Who are some of Rowan Companies PLC's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Rowan Companies PLC include Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL), Nabors Industries (NBR), Ensco Plc (ESV), Enerplus Corp (ERF), Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO), Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV), Noble (NE), Unit (UNT), Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE), SandRidge Energy (SD), Halcon Resources (HK), Geopark Ltd (GPRK), Atwood Oceanics (ATW), Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH), W&T Offshore (WTI), Seadrill Partners LLC (SDLP), Bill Barrett (BBG) and Seadrill Ltd (SDRL).
Who owns Rowan Companies PLC stock?
Rowan Companies PLC's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Vanguard Group Inc. (8.93%), BlackRock Inc. (8.76%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (8.46%), Blue Harbour Group L.P. (8.36%), AQR Capital Management LLC (4.52%) and FIL Ltd (3.82%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Rowan Companies PLC.
Who sold Rowan Companies PLC stock? Who is selling Rowan Companies PLC stock?
Rowan Companies PLC's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including First Trust Advisors LP, Vanguard Group Inc., Credit Suisse AG, Acadian Asset Management LLC, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Denali Advisors LLC and Geode Capital Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Rowan Companies PLC.
Who bought Rowan Companies PLC stock? Who is buying Rowan Companies PLC stock?
Rowan Companies PLC's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., MARSHALL WACE ASIA Ltd, Marshall Wace North America L.P., AQR Capital Management LLC, Bank of America Corp DE, Laurion Capital Management LP, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP and Thrivent Financial For Lutherans. View Insider Buying and Selling for Rowan Companies PLC.
How do I buy Rowan Companies PLC stock?
Shares of Rowan Companies PLC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Rowan Companies PLC stock cost?
One share of Rowan Companies PLC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.29.
Earnings History for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)Earnings History by Quarter for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/31/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|5/2/2017||Q1 2017||$0.13||$0.07||$358.01 million||$374.30 million||View||Listen|
|2/24/2017||Q416||($0.06)||$0.08||$343.71 million||$351.80 million||View||N/A|
|11/1/2016||Q316||($0.02)||$0.30||$362.38 million||$379.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/2/2016||Q216||$0.81||$0.75||$470.98 million||$611.90 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q116||$0.72||$0.98||$492.85 million||$500.20 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2016||Q415||$0.74||$0.95||$530.16 million||$535.80 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2015||Q315||$0.52||$0.89||$520.09 million||$545.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Q215||$0.55||$0.70||$507.16 million||$508.70 million||View||N/A|
|5/6/2015||Q115||$0.70||$0.99||$533.08 million||$547.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/27/2015||Q414||$0.89||$0.89||$529.90 million||$556.20 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2014||Q314||$0.54||$0.63||$465.30 million||$467.70 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2014||Q214||$0.24||$0.33||$416.20 million||$422.90 million||View||Listen|
|5/6/2014||Q114||$0.21||$0.28||$375.53 million||$377.60 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2014||Q4||$0.41||$0.42||$389.21 million||$393.40 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2013||Q313||$0.43||$0.42||$382.90 million||$382.80 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2013||Q2 2013||$0.56||$0.57||$399.84 million||$408.90 million||View||Listen|
|5/1/2013||Q1 2013||$0.53||$0.55||$386.49 million||$394.20 million||View||Listen|
|2/28/2013||Q4 2012||$0.48||$0.57||$356.28 million||$354.20 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.70)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)
|Most Recent Dividend:||11/23/2015|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||0.00% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
0.00% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
0.00% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||2 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.97%Insider Trades by Quarter for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/19/2015||Tore I Sandvold||Director||Buy||5,000||$22.29||$111,450.00|| |
|6/11/2014||Frankie Derek Necaise||SVP||Sell||4,360||$31.96||$139,345.60|| |
|6/11/2014||John L Buvens||VP||Sell||55,000||$31.96||$1,757,800.00|| |
|6/10/2014||Mark A Keller||VP||Sell||49,000||$32.20||$1,577,800.00|| |
|3/5/2014||Suzanne Nimocks||Director||Buy||1,200||$32.77||$39,324.00|| |
|3/4/2014||Thomas Hix||Director||Buy||5,000||$32.76||$163,800.00|| |
Headline Trends for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)
Latest Headlines for Rowan Companies PLC (NYSE:RDC)
Rowan Companies PLC (RDC) Chart for Sunday, May, 28, 2017