About Lam Research
Lam Research Corporation is a supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry. The Company designs, manufactures, markets, refurbishes and services semiconductor processing systems that are used in the fabrication of integrated circuits (ICs). It operates through manufacturing and servicing of wafer processing semiconductor manufacturing equipment segment. Its products are designed to enable its customers build a range of devices that are used in a range of electronic products, including cell phones, tablets, computers, storage devices, and networking equipment. Its customer base includes semiconductor memory, foundry, and integrated device manufacturers (IDMs) that make products, such as dynamic random-access memory (DRAM), negative-AND (NAND) memory and logic devices. It offers a portfolio of products that are used in several areas of the semiconductor manufacturing process flow, including thin film deposition, plasma etch and single-wafer clean.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductor Equipment & Materials
- Sub-Industry: Semiconductor Equipment
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: LRCX
- CUSIP: 51280710
- Previous Close: $119.29
- 50 Day Moving Average: $114.38
- 200 Day Moving Average: $102.34
- 52-Week Range: $72.00 - $119.40
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 21.38
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.73
- P/E Growth: 0.83
- Market Cap: $19.43B
- Outstanding Shares: 162,843,000
- Beta: 1.44
- Net Margins: 15.67%
- Return on Equity: 19.95%
- Return on Assets: 10.72%
Companies Related to Lam Research:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.27%
- Current Ratio: 3.20%
- Quick Ratio: 2.82%
What is Lam Research's stock symbol?
Lam Research trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "LRCX."
How often does Lam Research pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Lam Research?
Lam Research declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, February 9th. Shareholders of record on Wednesday, March 8th will be given a dividend of $0.45 per share on Wednesday, March 29th. This represents a $1.80 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.51%. The ex-dividend date is Monday, March 6th.
Where is Lam Research's stock going? Where will Lam Research's stock price be in 2017?
19 equities research analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Lam Research's shares. Their predictions range from $95.00 to $150.00. On average, they expect Lam Research's share price to reach $119.06 in the next year.
When will Lam Research announce their earnings?
Lam Research is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 18th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Lam Research stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Lam Research stock:
- Susquehanna Bancshares Inc analysts commented, "As was expected, Lam's revenue and shipment guide was solid and implying 2017 WFE spend that is tracking up 5-10% (and off of a higher base in 2016). The company's shipment guide suggests 2H shipment in 2017 will decline by 25-30% vs. 1H. Thus, with significant 3D NAND capacity installed and ready for mass production by YE17, the debate changes to the direction of shipment and revenue into 2018. Additionally, even if shipment and revenue were to rebound in 1H18, then one can argue that the 2020 earning power has been pulled forward. In this scenario, the debate on Lam and the rest of Semi Cap Eq (SCE) sector changes to what is the right multiple to peak earning. FCF margins have certainly improved and are now less volatile compared to prior trends. Additionally, any change to US tax codes could help Lam improve on-shore cash balance and thus strengthen capital return budgets. However, what is unknown is the direction of underlying fundamentals. There is no debate that Lam's customers are now more rational with investment plans, but what about semi demand drivers into 2018? How about de-coupling of NAND wafer capacity investment from NAND bit supply growth as 64L 3D NAND TLC will help with 3-5x increase in NAND wafer density? And how about leading edge Foundry/Logic; what could happen to 2018 spend with EUV insertion not until 2019 (which could theoretically improve the affordability of leading edge Foundry/Logic)? In this context, and even if we were to remove the word cyclicality from the Webster Dictionary, we argue the debate on SCE section changes to appropriate valuation multiples, a theme that will be on-going for sometime." (1/26/2017)
- Deutsche Bank AG analysts commented, "Strong shipments to drive 1H upside; LRCX is our top pick for 2017 Tgt USD115 to USD125 LRCX should see double-digit revenue growth in 2017 vs. WFE growth of DBe 3-5%, driven by continued share gains, SAM expansion and favorable mix. While fears of peak cycle will continue to exist, we believe the combination of low valuation (12x CY18E EPS and 7x EV/EBITDA), revenue outperformance and an increased focus on capital returns makes LRCX an attractive investment from a risk/reward standpoint. We raise our P/T to $125 and reiterate Buy." (1/23/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Lam Research Corp. is a leading global provider of innovative wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry. Over the last one year, the stock has underperformed the Zacks characterized Semi-Equipment Wafer Fab industry. In the last reported first quarter, the results were driven by strong success in the areas of device architecture, process flow and advanced packaging technology inflections. The company terminated its proposed acquisition of California-based KLA-Tencor, following antitrust objections from the Justice Department. The company has been improving on WFE market share significantly since 2013 and expects to continue making gains, going forward. At the same time, the persistent decline in the PC market, which is still the most important consumer of DRAMs, the competitive climate and currency effects remain concerns. The Brexit impact cannot be ignored either." (1/16/2017)
Who owns Lam Research stock?
Lam Research's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (6.74%), State Street Corp (4.18%), JPMorgan Chase & Co (4.00%), Janus Capital Management LLC (1.95%), Investec Asset Management LTD (1.46%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.10%). Company insiders that own Lam Research stock include Christine Heckart, Douglas R Bettinger, Mansy Youssef A El, Martin B Anstice, Patrick J Lord, Richard A Gottscho, Sarah A O'dowd and Timothy Archer.
Who sold Lam Research stock? Who is selling Lam Research stock?
Lam Research's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Arrowstreet Capital Limited Partnership, Systematic Financial Management LP, Putnam Investments LLC, Eventide Asset Management LLC, Edge Asset Management Inc. and Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky. Company insiders that have sold Lam Research stock in the last year include Christine Heckart, Douglas R Bettinger, Mansy Youssef A El, Martin B Anstice, Patrick J Lord, Richard A Gottscho and Timothy Archer.
Who bought Lam Research stock? Who is buying Lam Research stock?
Lam Research's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Janus Capital Management LLC, Westwood Holdings Group Inc., Marshall Wace LLP, AQR Capital Management LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Federated Investors Inc. PA, State Street Corp and GLG Partners LP.
How do I buy Lam Research stock?
Shares of Lam Research can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Lam Research stock cost?
One share of Lam Research stock can currently be purchased for approximately $119.29.