About Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company. The Company operates through two segments: Retail and Wholesale. The Company's Retail segment consists of its Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Terrain and Bhldn brands, whose merchandise is sold to its customers through retail stores, Websites, mobile applications, catalogs and customer contact centers. The Retail segment also includes Vetri Family, which operates restaurants under the names Amis, Alla Spina, Lo Spiedo, Pizzeria Vetri and Osteria. Its Wholesale segment consists of the Free People wholesale division that primarily designs, develops and markets young women's contemporary casual apparel and shoes through individual and chain specialty stores and department stores. The Company's Wholesale segment includes Free People-branded tops, bottoms, sweaters, dresses, intimates, shoes and activewear, which are sold through department and specialty stores around the world, and its Free People stores.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Apparel & Accessories Retailers
- Sub-Industry: Apparel Retail
- Symbol: NASDAQ:URBN
- CUSIP: 91704710
- Web: www.urbanoutfittersinc.com
- Market Cap: $2.71 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 109,831,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $23.01
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $20.63
- 52 Week Range: $16.19 - $40.80
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 16.49
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 15.59
- P/E Growth: 2.53
- Annual Revenue: $3.53 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.77
- Book Value: $11.76 per share
- Price / Book: 2.09
- EBITDA: $407.95 million
- Net Margins: 4.92%
- Return on Equity: 13.61%
- Return on Assets: 9.27%
- Current Ratio: 2.53%
- Quick Ratio: 1.55%
- Average Volume: 3.85 million shs.
- Beta: 0.63
- Short Ratio: 5.66
Frequently Asked Questions for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
What is Urban Outfitters' stock symbol?
Urban Outfitters trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "URBN."
How will Urban Outfitters' stock buyback program work?
Urban Outfitters announced that its board has initiated a stock buyback program on Saturday, August 26th 2017, which authorizes the company to repurchase $20,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization authorizes the company to repurchase up to 0.9% of its shares through open market purchases. Shares repurchase programs are usually a sign that the company's board believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Urban Outfitters' earnings last quarter?
Urban Outfitters, Inc. (NASDAQ:URBN) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 15th. The company reported $0.44 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.37 by $0.07. The firm had revenue of $873 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $860.80 million. Urban Outfitters had a net margin of 4.92% and a return on equity of 13.61%. The business's quarterly revenue was down 2.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business posted $0.66 earnings per share. View Urban Outfitters' Earnings History.
When will Urban Outfitters make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Urban Outfitters' stock going? Where will Urban Outfitters' stock price be in 2017?
25 brokers have issued twelve-month price objectives for Urban Outfitters' shares. Their forecasts range from $16.00 to $32.00. On average, they expect Urban Outfitters' stock price to reach $22.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Urban Outfitters.
What are analysts saying about Urban Outfitters stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Urban Outfitters stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Urban Outfitter shares have taken a sharp U-turn following better-than-expected second-quarter fiscal 2018 results for the first time in trailing four quarters. The bullish run in the stock price helped it to outpace the industry in the past three months. New store openings, increase in direct penetration, growing wholesale operations, technology advancements and merchandising improvements bode well for the long term. Management is also making all possible efforts to enhance the performance of brands through store refurbishment and by bringing in more compelling assortments. However, along with top and bottom line, comparable retail segment net sales also fell for the reported quarter. Moreover, management’s remark over gross margin, which is anticipated to decline year over year in the third quarter due to rise in delivery as well as de-leverage in store occupancy expenditures is a major concern for investors." (10/17/2017)
- 2. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "URBN's 4Q EPS of 55c was slight miss vs. Street's 56c, primarily on lower GM (-140bp vs. St. -100bp). Shares could trade down HSD today on decelerating sales trend towards end of 4Q, & 1Q GM is expected to be down similarly to 4Q. UO & Anthro store bases are at about saturation (199 & 210 stores, respectively), and DTC/bricks penetration could reach 50:50 in next 3 years." (3/8/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "2016 saw pressure in Anthro, margins compress in 2H, and some tail-off to UO's top line at year end. BUT' The company has high DTC penetration, is understored relative to peers, and is differentiated in the marketplace. With more balanced inventories, strength in DTC, and easy compares, we see a very favorable setup for URBN in 2H17." (3/8/2017)
- 4. Wedbush analysts commented, "URBN executives spent portions of the call hind-sighting 4Q16 results, discussing the volatility of current macro conditions, and recapping secular issues related to the continued impact of sales shifting to digital. Overall, the tone suggests similar trends from 4Q are likely to continue through at least 1H17. These trends include lower IMU and higher markdowns at U.O. and Anthro, continued margin pressure from channel shift to direct-to-consumer, and continued outperformance of non-apparel categories. Additionally, store opening cadence tilts toward 1H17, which puts additional pressure on the P&L, likely driving back half-weighted growth in 2017. Valuation remains supportive, but we have yet to identify a compelling near-term catalyst. We remain NEUTRAL." (3/8/2017)
- 5. Instinet analysts commented, "Forecasting a 50%/50% ecomm/store split in three years, URBN continues to acknowledge the ongoing retail transformation, while stressing its margineroding implications and not trying to convince others (or themselves) that business will go on as usual. In this new normal, it is encouraging that URBN is not facing a material string of store closures; however, with persisting GM pressures and ongoing opex deleverage, coupled with impairments for one-off locations, we believe URBN is better off, but not insulated from the retail pressures." (3/8/2017)
Are investors shorting Urban Outfitters?
Urban Outfitters saw a drop in short interest in September. As of September 29th, there was short interest totalling 21,866,623 shares, a drop of 9.8% from the September 15th total of 24,246,575 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 2,214,506 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 9.9 days. Currently, 30.0% of the shares of the company are sold short.
Who are some of Urban Outfitters' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Urban Outfitters include ASOS plc (ASC), Carter's (CRI), Foot Locker (FL), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO), Guess? (GES), Ted Baker plc (TED), Abercrombie & Fitch Company (ANF), N Brown Group plc (BWNG), Buckle, Inc. (The) (BKE), Express (EXPR), Genesco (GCO), Lands' End (LE), Ascena Retail Group (ASNA), Tilly's (TLYS), Citi Trends (CTRN), Joules Group PLC (JOUL), Francesca's Holdings Corporation (FRAN) and Sequential Brands Group (SQBG).
Who are Urban Outfitters' key executives?
Urban Outfitters' management team includes the folowing people:
- Richard A. Hayne, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- David W. McCreight, President, Chief Executive Officer - Anthropologie Group
- Francis J. Conforti CPA, Chief Financial Officer
- Margaret A. Hayne, Chief Executive Officer, Free People Brand; Chief Creative Officer, Urban Outfitters, Inc.; Director
- Trish Donnelly, Chief Executive Officer - Urban Outfitters Group
- Calvin Hollinger, Chief Operating Officer
- Azeez Hayne, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Robert H. Strouse, Lead Independent Director
- Scott Galloway, Director
- Edward N. Antoian, Independent Director
Who owns Urban Outfitters stock?
Urban Outfitters' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Skylands Capital LLC (0.16%), Osborne Partners Capital Management LLC (0.15%), Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (0.06%), State Treasurer State of Michigan (0.03%) and Shell Asset Management Co. (0.02%). Company insiders that own Urban Outfitters stock include Azeez Hayne, Frank Conforti and Robert H Strouse. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Urban Outfitters.
Who sold Urban Outfitters stock? Who is selling Urban Outfitters stock?
Who bought Urban Outfitters stock? Who is buying Urban Outfitters stock?
How do I buy Urban Outfitters stock?
Shares of Urban Outfitters can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Urban Outfitters' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ URBN)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Urban Outfitters and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Urban Outfitters stock can currently be purchased for approximately $24.63.
Consensus Ratings for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Sell Ratings, 16 Hold Ratings, 6 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.12)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$22.00 (10.68% downside)|Consensus Price Target History for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
Analysts' Ratings History for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
(Data available from 10/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/3/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Downgrade||Hold -> Sell||$23.00 -> $19.00||High|
|9/28/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$25.00||Medium|
|9/18/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$21.00||Low|
|9/11/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Set Price Target||Hold||$20.00||Low|
|8/16/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||High|
|8/16/2017||Morgan Stanley||Boost Price Target||Equal Weight||$17.00 -> $19.00||High|
|8/16/2017||MKM Partners||Set Price Target||Sell||$16.00||High|
|8/16/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Set Price Target||Buy||$22.00 -> $24.00||High|
|8/16/2017||KeyCorp||Set Price Target||Buy||$26.00||High|
|8/16/2017||Goldman Sachs Group Inc||Set Price Target||Sell||$16.00 -> $18.00||High|
|8/16/2017||Robert W. Baird||Set Price Target||Buy||$22.00||High|
|8/16/2017||Telsey Advisory Group||Boost Price Target||Market Perform -> Market Perform||$20.00 -> $22.00||High|
|8/15/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Hold||High|
|8/15/2017||FBR & Co||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$24.00 -> $16.00||High|
|6/11/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$23.00 -> $20.00||High|
|6/9/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$18.00 -> $16.00||Low|
|5/19/2017||Instinet||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$26.00 -> $21.00||Medium|
|5/16/2017||Nomura||Set Price Target||Hold||$21.00||Low|
|5/17/2017||Wunderlich||Set Price Target||Hold||$26.00 -> $20.00||Low|
|5/9/2017||Wolfe Research||Downgrade||Outperform -> Peer Perform||Low|
|3/12/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$28.00||Medium|
|3/8/2017||Cowen and Company||Lower Price Target||Market Perform||$27.00 -> $26.00||High|
|3/8/2017||William Blair||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||High|
|2/8/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$34.00 -> $32.00||N/A|
|8/17/2016||Buckingham Research||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
|8/17/2016||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Fair Value||$32.00 -> $42.00||N/A|
|8/17/2016||Evercore ISI||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$38.00 -> $40.00||N/A|
|3/18/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$22.00 -> $31.00||N/A|
|3/8/2016||Macquarie||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$18.00 -> $24.00||N/A|
|3/8/2016||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$32.00 -> $35.00||N/A|
|1/10/2016||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$23.00||N/A|
|11/2/2015||Sterne Agee CRT||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$34.00 -> $36.00||N/A|
|11/2/2015||Janney Montgomery Scott||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$31.00 -> $37.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)Earnings History by Quarter for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ URBN)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/15/2017||Q2 2018||$0.37||$0.44||$860.80 million||$873.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/16/2017||Q1 18||$0.16||$0.13||$768.95 million||$761.20 million||View||N/A|
|3/7/2017||Q4 2017||$0.56||$0.55||$1.04 billion||$1.03 billion||View||Listen|
|11/22/2016||Q3 2017||$0.44||$0.40||$872.63 million||$862.49 million||View||N/A|
|8/16/2016||Q217||$0.56||$0.66||$886.39 million||$890.57 million||View||Listen|
|5/18/2016||Q1||$0.25||$0.25||$760.43 million||$762.58 million||View||Listen|
|3/7/2016||Q4||$0.56||$0.61||$1.02 billion||$1.01 billion||View||Listen|
|11/17/2015||Q3||$0.42||$0.42||$872.00 million||$825.25 million||View||Listen|
|8/17/2015||Q216||$0.49||$0.52||$881.16 million||$867.50 million||View||Listen|
|5/18/2015||Q1||$0.30||$0.25||$758.25 million||$739.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/9/2015||Q4||$0.58||$0.60||$1.01 billion||$1.01 billion||View||Listen|
|11/17/2014||Q3||$0.41||$0.35||$818.39 million||$814.47 million||View||Listen|
|8/18/2014||Q2||$0.49||$0.49||$807.00 million||$811.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/19/2014||Q114||$0.27||$0.26||$680.61 million||$686.30 million||View||Listen|
|3/10/2014||Q4||$0.54||$0.59||$906.00 million||$905.90 million||View||Listen|
|11/18/2013||Q3||$0.45||$0.47||$771.10 million||$774.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/19/2013||Q2 2014||$0.48||$0.51||$768.07 million||$758.52 million||View||Listen|
|5/20/2013||Q1 2014||$0.29||$0.32||$655.08 million||$648.18 million||View||Listen|
|3/11/2013||Q4 2013||$0.57||$0.56||$848.20 million||$857.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/19/2012||Q312||$0.41||$0.40||$692.28 million||$692.89 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.13
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.49
2019 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.57
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 26.30%Insider Trades by Quarter for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 87.56%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/14/2016||Azeez Hayne||General Counsel||Sell||6,260||$39.95||$250,087.00|| |
|8/19/2016||Frank Conforti||CFO||Sell||4,000||$37.42||$149,680.00|| |
|5/24/2016||Frank Conforti||CFO||Sell||3,300||$28.23||$93,159.00|| |
|4/4/2016||Robert H Strouse||Director||Sell||30,000||$33.92||$1,017,600.00|| |
|4/13/2015||Tedford G Marlow||CEO||Sell||50,000||$44.00||$2,200,000.00|| |
|4/10/2015||Calvin Hollinger||Insider||Sell||8,699||$44.00||$382,756.00|| |
|3/16/2015||Calvin Hollinger||Insider||Sell||16,552||$43.83||$725,474.16|| |
|3/16/2015||David W Mccreight||CEO||Sell||10,208||$45.11||$460,482.88|| |
|9/19/2014||Joel S Lawson III||Director||Sell||20,000||$38.26||$765,200.00|| |
|9/4/2013||Glen Bodzy||General Counsel||Sell||92,354||$41.83||$3,863,167.82|| |
|9/3/2013||Frank Conforti||CFO||Sell||22,000||$41.80||$919,600.00|| |
|7/17/2013||Wendy B Mcdevitt||Insider||Sell||20,000||$42.70||$854,000.00|| |
|7/8/2013||Freeman Zausner||COO||Sell||28,497||$41.67||$1,187,469.99|| |
|6/5/2013||Joel S Lawson III||Director||Sell||10,000||$42.02||$420,200.00|| |
|5/31/2013||Freeman Zausner||COO||Sell||71,503||$42.01||$3,003,841.03|| |
|3/25/2013||Richard A Hayne||Director||Sell||1,283,793||$38.96||$50,016,575.28|| |
|3/22/2013||Freeman Zausner||COO||Sell||3,992||$40.02||$159,759.84|| |
|11/26/2012||Joel S Lawson III||Director||Sell||4,400||$38.38||$168,872.00|| |
|9/4/2012||Scott A Belair||Director||Sell||200,000||$37.78||$7,556,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
Latest Headlines for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Urban Outfitters (URBN) Chart for Saturday, October, 21, 2017