About Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (Opexa) is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the development of a personalized immunotherapy with the potential to treat various illnesses, including multiple sclerosis (MS), as well as other autoimmune diseases, such as neuromyelitis optica (NMO). These therapies are based on its T-cell technology. The Company's product candidates include Tcelna and OPX-212. Tcelna is an autologous T-cell immunotherapy that is being developed for the treatment of secondary progressive MS (SPMS) and is tailored to each patient's immune response profile to myelin. Tcelna is designed to reduce the number and/or functional activity of specific subsets of myelin-reactive T-cells (MRTCs) known to attack myelin. Tcelna is manufactured using its method for the production of an autologous T-cell product. In addition to the ongoing clinical development of Tcelna, the Company is developing OPX-212 as an autologous T-cell immunotherapy for the treatment of NMO.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Market Cap: $5.17 million
- Outstanding Shares: 7,657,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $0.66
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $0.85
- 52 Week Range: $0.50 - $4.93
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -3.07
- P/E Growth: 0.0000
- Annual Revenue: $2.18 million
- Price / Sales: 2.37
- Book Value: $0.29 per share
- Price / Book: 2.30
- EBIDTA: ($5,490,000.00)
- Net Margins: -297.83%
- Return on Equity: -126.03%
- Return on Assets: -81.10%
- Current Ratio: 2.12%
- Quick Ratio: 2.12%
- Average Volume: 114,019 shs.
- Beta: 2.04
- Short Ratio: 2.28
Frequently Asked Questions for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
What is Opexa Therapeutics' stock symbol?
Opexa Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "OPXA."
How were Opexa Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
Opexa Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:OPXA) issued its quarterly earnings results on Friday, May, 12th. The company reported ($0.12) EPS for the quarter. Opexa Therapeutics had a negative net margin of 297.83% and a negative return on equity of 126.03%. View Opexa Therapeutics' Earnings History.
Where is Opexa Therapeutics' stock going? Where will Opexa Therapeutics' stock price be in 2017?
3 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month price targets for Opexa Therapeutics' stock. Their predictions range from $6.00 to $18.00. On average, they anticipate Opexa Therapeutics' stock price to reach $11.67 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Opexa Therapeutics.
What are analysts saying about Opexa Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Opexa Therapeutics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. develops and commercializes cell therapies to treat autoimmune diseases such as MS, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetes. The Company is focused on autologous cellular therapy applications of its proprietary T-cell and stem cell therapies. The Company's lead product, Tovaxin, a T-cell therapy for multiple sclerosis is in Phase IIb trials. The Company holds the exclusive worldwide license for adult multipotent stem cells derived from mononuclear cells of peripheral blood. The technology allows large quantities of monocyte derived stem cells to be produced efficiently for use in autologous therapy, thus circumventing the threat of rejection. The Company is in preclinical development for type one diabetes. " (4/12/2017)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "Opexa reported 2Q16 with a net loss of $2.1M. The company ended the period with ~$8M in cash, sufficient runway through what we see as not just one, but two inflection points. Tcelna POC data in SPMS are expected by early 4Q, and then the decision by Merck Serono on whether to opt in and go pivotal (phase III), fund a redo" phase II study, or walk away will occur (this could take up to 60 days after data are announced)." (8/12/2016)
Are investors shorting Opexa Therapeutics?
Opexa Therapeutics saw a drop in short interest in the month of March. As of March 31st, there was short interest totalling 643,975 shares, a drop of 4.3% from the March 15th total of 672,591 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 87,145 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 7.4 days.
Who are some of Opexa Therapeutics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Opexa Therapeutics include Jaguar Animal Health (JAGX), Ritter Pharmaceuticals (RTTR), Windtree Therapeutics (WINT), Bioblast Pharma Ltd (ORPN), Ampliphi Biosciences Corp (APHB), Affymax (AFFY), Tetralogic Pharmaceuticals Corp (TLOG), Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR), Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC), Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA), Baxalta (BXLT), Biotie Therapies Corp (BITI), Caladrius Biosciences (CLBS), CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD), Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST), Cynapsus Therapeutics (CYNA), DARA Biosciences (DARA) and Dendreon (DNDN).
How do I buy Opexa Therapeutics stock?
Shares of Opexa Therapeutics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Opexa Therapeutics stock cost?
One share of Opexa Therapeutics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $0.67.
Earnings History for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)Earnings History by Quarter for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/14/2016||Q3 2016||($0.25)||($0.28)||$0.73 million||View||N/A|
|8/11/2016||Q216||($0.23)||($0.30)||$0.73 million||$0.73 million||View||Listen|
|5/12/2016||Q116||($0.35)||($0.31)||$0.73 million||$0.73 million||View||Listen|
|3/15/2016||Q415||($0.50)||($2.05)||$0.73 million||$0.73 million||View||Listen|
|11/10/2015||Q315||($2.48)||($0.42)||$0.73 million||$0.73 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||($0.14)||($0.12)||$0.30 million||$0.31 million||View||N/A|
|8/14/2014||Q214||($0.13)||($0.15)||$0.30 million||$0.31 million||View||N/A|
|5/14/2014||Q114||($0.13)||($0.13)||$0.22 million||$0.35 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.4700 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.2200 EPS
Dividend History for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 6.88%Insider Trades by Quarter for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 7.07%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/18/2016||Timothy C Barabe||Director||Sell||14,914||$0.55||$8,202.70|| |
|9/17/2014||Timothy C Barabe||Director||Buy||10,000||$1.15||$11,500.00|| |
|9/16/2014||Neil K Warma||CEO||Buy||10,000||$1.11||$11,100.00|| |
|12/18/2013||Karthik Radhakrishnan||CFO||Buy||8,000||$1.70||$13,600.00|| |
|12/18/2013||Scott B Seaman||Director||Buy||30,000||$1.70||$51,000.00|| |
|8/8/2013||Karthik Radhakrishnan||CFO||Buy||50,000||$1.50||$75,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Latest Headlines for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA) Chart for Tuesday, May, 23, 2017