About Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Anthera) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing products to treat serious diseases associated with inflammation, including enzyme replacement therapies and autoimmune diseases. The Company has two Phase III product candidates, liprotamase also known as Sollpura and blisibimod. Sollpura is a non-porcine investigational Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapy (PERT) intended for the treatment of patients with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI), often seen in patients with cystic fibrosis and other conditions. Blisibimod targets B-cell activating factor (BAFF), which has been shown to be elevated in a range of B-cell mediated autoimmune diseases, including systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), or lupus, Immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgA) nephropathy, lupus nephritis and others.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:ANTH
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.anthera.com
- Market Cap: $18.1 million
- Outstanding Shares: 10,906,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $1.52
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $1.45
- 52 Week Range: $0.30 - $2.83
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -0.49
- P/E Growth: -0.04
- Annual Revenue: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $0.40 per share
- Price / Book: 4.15
- EBITDA: ($50,120,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -1,096.21%
- Return on Assets: -205.57%
- Current Ratio: 3.29%
- Quick Ratio: 3.29%
- Average Volume: 392,888 shs.
- Beta: 2.63
- Short Ratio: 6.88
Frequently Asked Questions for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
What is Anthera Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Anthera Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ANTH."
When did Anthera Pharmaceuticals' stock split? How did Anthera Pharmaceuticals' stock split work?
Shares of Anthera Pharmaceuticals reverse split before market open on Monday, May 1st 2017. The 1-8 reverse split was announced on Friday, April 28th 2017. The number of shares owned by shareholders was adjusted after the closing bell on Friday, April 28th 2017. An investor that had 100 shares of Anthera Pharmaceuticals stock prior to the reverse split would have 13 shares after the split.
How were Anthera Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANTH) released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August, 9th. The company reported $0.03 EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($1.09) by $1.12. View Anthera Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When will Anthera Pharmaceuticals make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Anthera Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will Anthera Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
5 analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Anthera Pharmaceuticals' shares. Their forecasts range from $1.75 to $10.80. On average, they anticipate Anthera Pharmaceuticals' stock price to reach $5.89 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Anthera Pharmaceuticals.
What are analysts saying about Anthera Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Anthera Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing products to treat serious illnesses, including cardiovascular and autoimmune diseases. The Company's clinical-stage programs include one Phase 3 ready program, A-002, and two Phase 2 clinical programs, A-623 and A-001. A-002 and A-001 inhibit a novel enzyme target known as secretory phospholipase A2, or sPLA2. Elevated levels of sPLA2 have been implicated in a variety of acute inflammatory conditions, including acute coronary syndrome and acute chest syndrome, as well as chronic diseases such as stable coronary artery disease. A-623 targets elevated levels of B-lymphocyte stimulator, or BLyS (also known as BAFF), which has been associated with a variety of B-cell mediated autoimmune diseases, including systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Sjögren's Syndrome, Graves' Disease and others. Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is headquartered in Hayward, California. " (10/10/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Following narrow miss in Sollpura SOLUTION study in late 2016, ANTH has included key learnings into the Ph. III RESULT study, to start soon and data by early 2018. Decision to discontinue B-mod in lupus is not surprising due to negative CHABLIS data in Q4 2016 and conserves cash. With $21M in cash and two ATMs, ANTH is positioned to fund operations through RESULT data. We expect shares to remain range-bound NT due to few 2017 data catalysts. Lower PT to $0.80." (3/6/2017)
Who are some of Anthera Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Anthera Pharmaceuticals include Auris Medical Holding AG (EARS), Zosano Pharma Corporation (ZSAN), Redx Pharma PLC (REDX), Celsion Corporation (CLSN), ANGLE plc (AGL), Aviragen Therapeutics (AVIR), Egalet Corporation (EGLT), Orexigen Therapeutics (OREX), Vical Incorporated (VICL), Pain Therapeutics (PTIE), Kitov Pharmaceuticals Holdings (KTOV), Midatech Pharma PLC (MTPH), Xenetic Biosciences (XBIO), Heat Biologics (HTBX), Eleven Biotherapeutics (EBIO), Biopharmx Corp (BPMX), Biopharmx Corp (BPMX) and Biopharmx Corp (BPMX).
Who are Anthera Pharmaceuticals' key executives?
Anthera Pharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- Paul F. Truex, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Craig Thompson, President, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Director
- May Liu, Senior Vice President - Finance and Administration, Principal Accounting Officer
- William R. Shanahan Jr. M.D. J.D., Chief Medical Officer
- Brent Furse, Director
- Christopher S. Henney Ph.D., Independent Director
- Brian R. Mueller, Independent Director
- Philip T Sager, Independent Director
- David E. Thompson, Independent Director
How do I buy Anthera Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of Anthera Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Anthera Pharmaceuticals' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ ANTH)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Anthera Pharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Anthera Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $1.66.
Consensus Ratings for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Hold Ratings, 2 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.40)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$5.89 (254.67% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
Analysts' Ratings History for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/19/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$3.00||Medium|
|8/11/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$2.25 -> $1.75||Low|
|12/29/2016||Piper Jaffray Companies||Lower Price Target||Overweight||$56.00 -> $10.80||N/A|
|12/29/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|12/28/2016||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$48.00 -> $8.00||N/A|
|6/20/2016||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
Earnings History for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)Earnings History by Quarter for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ ANTH)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|2/27/2017||Q4 2016||($3.25)||($2.88)||$0.10 million||View||N/A|
|3/10/2016||Q4||($2.24)||($1.44)||$0.31 million||$1.92 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2015||Q315||($2.08)||($2.32)||$0.31 million||$0.73 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($3.59)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 5.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 27.26%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/20/2017||John Craig Thompson||CEO||Buy||8,550||$1.32||$11,286.00|| |
|9/7/2017||John Craig Thompson||CEO||Buy||10,400||$1.43||$14,872.00|| |
|9/7/2017||Paul F Truex||Director||Buy||5,000||$1.34||$6,700.00|| |
|11/13/2015||Colin Hislop||insider||Sell||12,500||$5.31||$66,375.00|| |
|11/11/2015||Colin Hislop||Insider||Sell||5,000||$5.38||$26,900.00|| |
|10/12/2015||Debra Odink||CTO||Sell||1,205||$6.15||$7,410.75|| |
|6/24/2013||David E Thompson||Director||Buy||12,500||$0.53||$6,625.00|| |
|5/31/2013||Bogdan Dziurzynski||Director||Buy||1,250||$0.59||$737.50|| |
|1/30/2013||Orbimed Advisors Llc||Director||Buy||712,500||$0.66||$470,250.00|| |
|1/25/2013||Orbimed Advisors Llc||Director||Buy||220,250||$0.65||$143,162.50|| |
Headline Trends for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
Latest Headlines for Anthera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANTH)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Anthera Pharmaceuticals (ANTH) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017