athenahealth, Inc. is a provider of cloud-based services and mobile applications for medical groups and health systems. The Company delivers cloud-based services for revenue cycle management and medical billing, electronic health records (EHR), patient engagement, care coordination, order transmission, population health management, and clinical decision support. Through these services, the Company connects healthcare information and processes, and drives results for approximately 75,000 healthcare providers. The Company has developed various cloud-based services. Its services include athenaCollector for revenue cycle and practice management; athenaClinicals for electronic health records; athenaCommunicator for patient engagement; athenaCoordinator for order transmission; athenaCoordinator Enterprise for patient access, care coordination, and order transmission; athenaCommunicator Enterprise for population health management, and Epocrates for clinical decision support.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Healthcare Information Services
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Technology
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: ATHN
- CUSIP: 04685W10
- Previous Close: $116.32
- 50 Day Moving Average: $118.776
- 200 Day Moving Average: $114.764
- 52-Week Range: $90.11 - $143.85
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 222.567
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 38.27
- P/E Growth: 2.000
- Market Cap: $4.57B
- Outstanding Shares: 39,518,000
- Beta: 1.77
- Net Margins: 1.94%
- Return on Equity: 6.41%
- Return on Assets: 3.31%
Companies Related to athenahealth:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.43%
- Current Ratio: 1.73%
- Quick Ratio: 1.73%
What is athenahealth's stock symbol?
athenahealth trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ATHN."
Where is athenahealth's stock going? Where will athenahealth's stock price be in 2017?
19 brokerages have issued 12 month target prices for athenahealth's shares. Their forecasts range from $95.00 to $160.00. On average, they anticipate athenahealth's share price to reach $132.82 in the next twelve months.
When will athenahealth announce their earnings?
athenahealth is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 26th 2017.
What are analysts saying about athenahealth stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about athenahealth stock:
- Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We have updated our model and estimates to reflect the new company presentation. We have slightly lowered our PT to $160 from $162 to reflect our revised estimates. Despite this we remain confident in the company's FY17 outlook, and would be buying shares at current market valuation. Reiterate OW, PT $160." (2/7/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "ATHN reported 4Q EPS after the close 2/2/17 with a call at 8am ET this morning. Revenue ($288.2mn) was 5% ($17mn) below consensus and guidance, while EPS of $0.62 exceeded consensus ($0.51). Management reiterated 2017 revenue, bookings and adjusted operating income guidance; however, with the revenue miss revenue growth must reaccelerate more than previously expected and margins must improve less." (2/6/2017)
- Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We reiterate our Overweight rating and $135 PT on athenahealth (ATHN). On February 2, ATHN is scheduled to report 4Q16 results. We expect the results to be solid and to reinforce our positive view on the shares. athena has been steadily increasing the number of physicians on its network and we expect this positive trend to continue. Importantly, we also expect to see operating profit and margin expansion in 2017. Additionally, athena's goal is to expand its scope along the healthcare continuum. The company has recently entered the small hospital market, which is ripe for disruption, in our opinion. We believe athena has already made some progress in this market. Given an ongoing shift to value-based reimbursement, athena is investing more in its population health capabilities. We believe the company should see continued progress in its population health efforts, especially as physicians comply with MACRA requirements." (1/31/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "We believe that athenahealth’s strong product portfolio, expanding physician base and unique business model will continue to drive the top line. The recognition of athenahealth as an Electronic Health Record (EHR) usability leader is also a significant positive, in our opinion. However, the company's second quarter 2016 results disappointed us, as it missed the Zacks Consenus Estimates on both the lines. The company's guidance also failed to impress us. We believe lack of enterprise-sized deals, winding up of government funded stimulus and increasing competition in the HCIT market are major headwinds, at least in the near term." (8/4/2016)
Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "We are currently forecasting Revenue of $833.5MM (0.7% higher than Street consensus of $827.8MM), EBITDA of $190.9MM (3% below Street consensus of $197.3MM) and Non-GAAP EPS of $0.56 (6% below Street consensus of $0.60). Given LNKD’s historical pattern of earnings outperformance and the unexpectedly large scale of last quarter’s guide-down relative to Street expectations for 2016, we expect that LNKD should print a relatively solid quarter, with 1Q16 revenue and EBITDA likely to come in at or above guidance. But beyond printing in-line or better results against what we believe was conservative guidance, we believe investors will want to hear constructive commentary suggesting that recent product initiatives are beginning to bear fruit and that LNKD is not facing building pressure driven by macro hiring slow-downs and/or market saturation of core Talent Solutions offerings." (4/26/2016)
Who owns athenahealth stock?
athenahealth's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (15.00%), Janus Capital Management LLC (14.52%), Sands Capital Management LLC (6.96%), Artisan Partners Limited Partnership (3.53%), State Street Corp (1.23%) and Arrowpoint Asset Management LLC (1.15%). Company insiders that own athenahealth stock include Amy Abernethy, Bradford Kyle Armbrester, Brandon H Hull, Daniel P Haley, David Eric Robinson, Ed Park, James L Mann, John A Kane, Jonathan Bush, Karl Stubelis, Kristi Ann Matus, Robert Cosinuke, Stephen N Kahane and Timothy John O'brien.
Who sold athenahealth stock? Who is selling athenahealth stock?
athenahealth's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including TCW Group Inc., Sands Capital Management LLC, Artisan Partners Limited Partnership, Franklin Resources Inc., State Street Corp, Brown Advisory Inc., AQR Capital Management LLC and First Republic Investment Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold athenahealth stock in the last year include Amy Abernethy, Bradford Kyle Armbrester, Brandon H Hull, Daniel P Haley, Ed Park, John A Kane, Jonathan Bush, Karl Stubelis, Kristi Ann Matus and Timothy John O'brien.
Who bought athenahealth stock? Who is buying athenahealth stock?
athenahealth's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Janus Capital Management LLC, Arrowpoint Asset Management LLC, ARK Investment Management LLC, Allianz Asset Management AG, Friess Associates LLC, A.R.T. Advisors LLC, FMR LLC and Menta Capital LLC.
How do I buy athenahealth stock?
Shares of athenahealth can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of athenahealth stock cost?
One share of athenahealth stock can currently be purchased for approximately $115.96.