About Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)
Alcobra Ltd is a development-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on development and commercialization of its lead product candidates, including MDX and ADAIR. MDX is a oral drug, for the treatment of ADHD and other cognitive disorders, including Fragile X. MDX is a combined rapid onset ER formulation of the chemical pyridoxine pyroglutamate, which is more commonly known as metadoxine. MDX consists of a single bi-layer oral tablet, which includes both a rapid onset release metadoxine formulation and a slow release metadoxine formulation together providing the desired dual release profile. The new extended-release formulation prolongs the human plasma levels of metadoxine for up to 12 hours, which results in enhanced efficacy benefits. ADAIR is an oral, semi-solid, liquid-filled, hard gelatin capsule of an abuse-deterrent IR formulation of dextroamphetamine sulfate, which is manufactured as 10 mg capsules.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:ADHD
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.alcobra-pharma.com
- Market Cap: $43.82 million
- Outstanding Shares: 27,562,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $1.12
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $1.12
- 52 Week Range: $0.83 - $2.58
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -2.34
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $1.48 per share
- Price / Book: 1.07
- EBITDA: ($21,410,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -45.34%
- Return on Assets: -42.69%
- Current Ratio: 25.53%
- Quick Ratio: 25.53%
- Average Volume: 923,712 shs.
- Beta: 1.49
- Short Ratio: 13.65
Frequently Asked Questions for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)
What is Alcobra's stock symbol?
Alcobra trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ADHD."
How were Alcobra's earnings last quarter?
Alcobra Ltd. (NASDAQ:ADHD) posted its quarterly earnings results on Friday, August, 11th. The company reported ($0.13) EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.15) by $0.02. View Alcobra's Earnings History.
When will Alcobra make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Alcobra's stock going? Where will Alcobra's stock price be in 2017?
8 analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Alcobra's stock. Their predictions range from $1.00 to $2.00. On average, they expect Alcobra's share price to reach $1.61 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Alcobra.
What are analysts saying about Alcobra stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Alcobra stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Alcobra Ltd. is a biopharmaceutical company. It focuses on the development and commercialization of drugs to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Alcobra Ltd. is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel. " (10/11/2017)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Development of new drugs carries a high failure rate, either because the drug in question fails to show efficacy or significant safety issues arise during the clinical trial process. In addition, regulatory authorities such as the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) may delay the approval process or reject Alcobra’s clinical findings." (4/13/2017)
- 3. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We're not particularly surprised by this outcome as the truncated dataset greatly reduced the power of this trial to demonstrate a significant impact on the CAARS. Alcobra now plans to use its ~$50M in cash to execute on a new business plan, the details of which should become available during 1Q17. We expect this could involve development of MDX in ex-US markets, or of new candidates from the company's internal pipeline or in-licensing efforts. Given the prolonged timelines to next clinical data and first revenues, as well as increased execution risk we see for this team, we are reducing our PT from $3 to $1.50, or roughly equivalent to cash/share. In advance of more details on a plan forward, we reiterate N." (1/17/2017)
Who are some of Alcobra's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Alcobra include ProNAi Therapeutics (SRRA), Viking Therapeutics (VKTX), Aeglea BioTherapeutics (AGLE), Lipocine (LPCN), Ergomed PLC (ERGO), ADMA Biologics (ADMA), Dipexium Pharmaceuticals (PLXP), Ampio Pharmaceuticals (AMPE), Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC), vTv Therapeutics (VTVT), Aradigm Corporation (ARDM), Pfenex (PFNX), Inotek Pharmaceuticals Corporation (ITEK), Flex Pharma (FLKS), Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE), Actinium Pharmaceuticals (ATNM), ContraVir Pharmaceuticals (CTRV) and OptiBiotix Health PLC (OPTI).
Who are Alcobra's key executives?
Alcobra's management team includes the folowing people:
- Yaron Daniely, Chairman of the Board
- David C. Baker, Interim Chief Executive Officer and Chief Commercial Officer
- Tomer Berkovitz, Chief Financial Officer
- Hagit Marchaim Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Regulatory Affairs
- Hanna Ron, Senior Vice President of Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control
- Oded Edri, Vice President - Finance
- Johanna Schumann, Vice President - Preclinical Development
- Jonathan Rubin M.D., Chief Medical Officer
- Daniel E. Geffken CPA, Director
- Aharon Schwartz, Director
How do I buy Alcobra stock?
Shares of Alcobra can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Alcobra's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Alcobra (NASDAQ ADHD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Alcobra and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Alcobra stock can currently be purchased for approximately $1.59.
Consensus Ratings for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 6 Hold Ratings, 1 Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$1.61 (1.08% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)
Analysts' Ratings History for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)
(Data available from 10/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/9/2017||WBB Securities||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$2.00||N/A|
|9/29/2017||Roth Capital||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$4.00 -> $1.00||Low|
|6/12/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$1.25||Low|
|4/13/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$1.00||Low|
|1/17/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Set Price Target||Hold||$2.00||N/A|
|1/17/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|1/17/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Set Price Target||Hold||$3.00 -> $2.00||N/A|
|10/28/2016||Barclays PLC||Downgrade||Equal Weight -> Underweight||$3.00 -> $2.00||N/A|
|9/1/2016||Goldman Sachs Group Inc||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|6/7/2016||Canaccord Genuity||Initiated Coverage||Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)Earnings History by Quarter for Alcobra (NASDAQ ADHD)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/15/2016||Q316||($0.27)||($0.28)||$4.30 million||$7.90 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.71)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)
Latest Headlines for Alcobra (NASDAQ:ADHD)
Alcobra (ADHD) Chart for Saturday, October, 21, 2017