About Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)
WPP PLC is a parent company that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the provision of communications and marketing services worldwide. The Company has four segments: Advertising and Media Investment Management; Consumer Insight (formerly Information, Insight & Consultancy); Public Relations & Public Affairs, and Branding & Identity, Healthcare and Specialist Communications, which includes WPP Digital and direct, digital, promotional and relationship marketing. It comprises companies in disciplines, such as advertising, media investment management, consumer insight, public relations and public affairs, branding and identity, healthcare communications, specialist communications, and direct, digital, promotion and relationship marketing. As of December 31, 2009, WPP PLC operated through 2,400 offices in 107 countries. In February 2009, the Company acquired Red Dot Square Solutions. In May 2010, the Company acquired Midia Digital and I-Cherry, two of the digital agencies in Brazil.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Business Services
- Industry: Advertising Agencies
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:WPPGY
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.wpp.com
- Market Cap: $23.14 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 253,239,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $92.30
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $102.58
- 52 Week Range: $89.40 - $119.12
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 10.22
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 11.33
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $20.13 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.15
- Book Value: $49.08 per share
- Price / Book: 1.86
- Annual Dividend: $3.85
- Dividend Yield: 4.2%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.67%
- Current Ratio: 0.99%
- Quick Ratio: 0.96%
- Average Volume: 177,491 shs.
- Beta: 1.2
- Short Ratio: 0.97
Frequently Asked Questions for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)
What is Wpp Plc's stock symbol?
Wpp Plc trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "WPPGY."
How often does Wpp Plc pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Wpp Plc?
Wpp Plc declared a semiannual dividend on Friday, August 25th. Shareholders of record on Friday, October 6th will be given a dividend of $1.4532 per share on Monday, November 6th. This represents a yield of 3.15%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, October 5th. View Wpp Plc's Dividend History.
How were Wpp Plc's earnings last quarter?
Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY) posted its earnings results on Wednesday, August, 23rd. The company reported $3.02 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, hitting the Zacks' consensus estimate of $3.02. View Wpp Plc's Earnings History.
Where is Wpp Plc's stock going? Where will Wpp Plc's stock price be in 2017?
10 brokerages have issued 1-year price objectives for Wpp Plc's stock. Their forecasts range from $130.00 to $130.00. On average, they expect Wpp Plc's share price to reach $130.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Wpp Plc.
What are analysts saying about Wpp Plc stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Wpp Plc stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "WPP reported stellar results for first-half 2017. The company performed in line with the industry year to date. A geographically superior position in new markets and functional strength in new media and data investment management will likely help WPP in achieving steady revenue growth. Healthy dividend payouts and accretive acquisition remain tailwinds. However, WPP operates in a highly competitive and fragmented communication services industry that limits its profitability. High concentration risk remains another potential headwind. Significant international operations expose the company to foreign exchange rate volatility. Growth worries in China, as well as soft growth in the mature markets of Western Continental Europe are likely to have adverse impacts on WPP’s revenues." (9/11/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "Clients come and go, but awkward business mixes hang around, and as 2017 outlook disappointment reflects the former, not the latter, we expect shares to regroup. Reassessing caution in outlook, reflecting client M&A risk, will boost near-term volatility. Lowest PEG of peers remains a lure... China, flat for 2017, did accelerate to 3% growth in 2H. W. Continental Europe may pause its acceleration (3.6% in 2016 from 2.5% in 2015), given tough comp in Germany, up 7.3% in 2016. India still looks like DD growth in 2017, despite demonetization. We see North America, hit with client losses, only up ~1% in 2017, however." (3/6/2017)
Who are some of Wpp Plc's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Wpp Plc include S&P Global (SPGI), Thomson Reuters Corp (TRI), Waste Management (WM), Fidelity National Information Services (FIS), Fiserv (FISV), Paychex (PAYX), Republic Services (RSG), Cap Gemini SA (CGEMY), Experian plc (EXPGY), Waste Connections (WCN), Sodexo SA (SDXAY), IHS Markit (INFO), Omnicom Group (OMC), First Data Corporation (FDC), Publicis Groupe SA (PUBGY), Global Payments (GPN), FleetCor Technologies (FLT) and Nielsen N.V. (NLSN).
How do I buy Wpp Plc stock?
Shares of Wpp Plc can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Wpp Plc's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ WPPGY)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Wpp Plc and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Wpp Plc stock can currently be purchased for approximately $91.36.
Consensus Ratings for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 4 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.40)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$130.00 (42.29% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)
Analysts' Ratings History for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)
(Data available from 10/16/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/26/2017||Morgan Stanley||Downgrade||Overweight -> Equal Weight||Low|
|7/17/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||Low|
|7/7/2017||BNP Paribas||Downgrade||Outperform -> Underperform||Low|
|4/12/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Low|
|3/6/2017||Wedbush||Lower Price Target||Outperform -> Outperform||$138.00 -> $130.00||N/A|
|1/20/2017||Liberum Capital||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|1/12/2017||Pivotal Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|12/8/2016||Jefferies Group LLC||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|11/22/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||N/A|
|11/1/2016||HSBC Holdings plc||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|2/9/2016||Investec||Downgrade||Add -> Hold||N/A|
|1/22/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)Earnings History by Quarter for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ WPPGY)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
Earnings Estimates for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $9.39 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $8.06 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)
|Payout Ratio:||41.00% (Based on This Year's Estimates)|
47.77% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ WPPGY)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)
Latest Headlines for Wpp Plc (NASDAQ:WPPGY)
Wpp Plc (WPPGY) Chart for Monday, October, 16, 2017