BlackBerry Limited (BlackBerry) provides mobile communications solutions. The Company is engaged in the sale of smartphones and enterprise software and services. The Company's products and services include Enterprise Solutions and Services, Devices, BlackBerry Technology Solutions and Messaging. It is engaged in providing enterprise mobility management (EMM) and mobile security, and offers a portfolio of enterprise software solutions and services that can be deployed across a range of ecosystems and devices, including BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 12 and Good Platforms, BES12 Cloud, enterprise file-sync-and-share (EFSS), SecuSUITE for Enterprise, Enhanced subscriber identity module (SIM)-Based Licensing (ESBL), WorkLife by BlackBerry solution and Professional Cybersecurity Services. The BlackBerry Technology Solutions business unit consists of five units: QNX, Certicom, Paratek, the BlackBerry IoT Platform and Intellectual Property and Patent Licensing (IPPL).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Diversified Communication Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:BBRY
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: ca.blackberry.com
- Market Cap: $6 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 531,000,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $9.11
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $7.72
- 52 Week Range: $6.23 - $11.39
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 141.25
- P/E Growth: 50.20
- Annual Revenue: $1.31 billion
- Price / Sales: 4.58
- Book Value: $3.88 per share
- Price / Book: 2.91
- EBIDTA: $87 million
- Net Margins: -93.19%
- Return on Equity: -3.62%
- Return on Assets: -2.03%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.29%
- Current Ratio: 2.71%
- Quick Ratio: 2.64%
- Average Volume: 7.78 million shs.
- Beta: 1.04
- Short Ratio: 13.48
Frequently Asked Questions for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
What is BlackBerry Ltd's stock symbol?
BlackBerry Ltd trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "BBRY."
How were BlackBerry Ltd's earnings last quarter?
BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) released its quarterly earnings results on Friday, March, 31st. The company reported $0.04 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.04) by $0.08. The firm earned $297 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $288.45 million. BlackBerry Ltd had a negative net margin of 93.19% and a negative return on equity of 3.62%. The business's revenue for the quarter was down 39.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned ($0.03) EPS. View BlackBerry Ltd's Earnings History.
Where is BlackBerry Ltd's stock going? Where will BlackBerry Ltd's stock price be in 2017?
18 equities research analysts have issued 12 month target prices for BlackBerry Ltd's shares. Their forecasts range from $6.00 to $11.00. On average, they expect BlackBerry Ltd's share price to reach $8.66 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for BlackBerry Ltd.
What are analysts saying about BlackBerry Ltd stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about BlackBerry Ltd stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of BlackBerry have outperformed the Zacks categorized Wireless - Non US industry over the last one month. Ushering in further good news, the company reported narrower- than-expected loss in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017. Its decision to end all internal hardware development and focus exclusively on software bussiness seems to be paying off. Loss also narrowed on a year-over-year basis. Lower costs boosted the company’s bottom-line performance. BlackBerry expects its software business to either outperform or at least perform at par with the overall market in fiscal 2018. In fact, the company anticipates profitability (on an adjusted basis) and also expects to generate positive free cash flow in fiscal 2018. In order to strengthen its position in the software business, BlackBerry has recently inked multiple deals. However, the company's struggles on the top line front raise concerns." (4/7/2017)
- 2. Macquarie analysts commented, "more stable business environment for the company."Papageorgiou also noted that BlackBerry's market share of "infotainment" technologies in the auto sector stands at more than half of the entire market. However, the company only generates around $1.00 to $1.50 per vehicle, but the company believes this figure can grow as high as $5 per vehicle.Bottom line, the analyst acknowledged that there is still risk involved in BlackBerry's stock but said, "We believe the potential returns outweigh them." (4/3/2017)
- 3. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We believe BlackBerry faces challenges and must execute on further developing an enterprise sales channel to meaningfully accelerate software sales. While we believe the senior management team is capable of executing against the market opportunity, we believe it could take several years for meaningful progress." (1/30/2017)
Are investors shorting BlackBerry Ltd?
BlackBerry Ltd saw a decrease in short interest in April. As of April 28th, there was short interest totalling 47,671,348 shares, a decrease of 22.8% from the April 13th total of 61,720,061 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 9,010,719 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 5.3 days. Currently, 9.2% of the shares of the stock are sold short.
Who are some of BlackBerry Ltd's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to BlackBerry Ltd include Telecom Argentina SA (TEO), Cable One (CABO), West Corp (WSTC), Neustar (NSR), Cogent Communications Holdings (CCOI), Vonage Holdings Corp. (VG), GTT Communications (GTT), 8x8 (EGHT), Gogo (GOGO), Iridium Communications (IRDM), ORBCOMM (ORBC), Boingo Wireless (WIFI), Premiere Global Services (PGI), Lumos Networks Corp (LMOS), Intelsat SA (I), Hawaiian Telcom HoldCo (HCOM), Ooma (OOMA) and Inseego Corp (INSG).
Who owns BlackBerry Ltd stock?
BlackBerry Ltd's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Primecap Management Co. CA (14.26%), Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can (8.80%), Iridian Asset Management LLC CT (4.96%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (2.54%), Vanguard Group Inc. (1.96%) and OppenheimerFunds Inc. (1.39%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for BlackBerry Ltd.
Who sold BlackBerry Ltd stock? Who is selling BlackBerry Ltd stock?
BlackBerry Ltd's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Swiss National Bank, Primecap Management Co. CA, Contrarius Investment Management Ltd, FMR LLC, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI and CIBC World Markets Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for BlackBerry Ltd.
Who bought BlackBerry Ltd stock? Who is buying BlackBerry Ltd stock?
BlackBerry Ltd's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Iridian Asset Management LLC CT, OppenheimerFunds Inc., First Eagle Investment Management LLC, Bank of America Corp DE, Vanguard Group Inc., Staley Capital Advisers Inc., Engineers Gate Manager LP and Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for BlackBerry Ltd.
How do I buy BlackBerry Ltd stock?
Shares of BlackBerry Ltd can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of BlackBerry Ltd stock cost?
One share of BlackBerry Ltd stock can currently be purchased for approximately $11.30.
Earnings History for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)Earnings History by Quarter for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|3/31/2017||2/28/2017||($0.04)||$0.04||$288.45 million||$297.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/20/2016||Q317||($0.01)||$0.02||$331.47 million||$301.00 million||View||N/A|
|9/28/2016||Q217||($0.05)||($0.03)||$390.66 million||$352.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/1/2016||Q416||($0.10)||($0.03)||$559.74 million||$464.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/18/2015||Q316||($0.14)||($0.03)||$485.21 million||$548.00 million||View||Listen|
|9/25/2015||Q216||($0.09)||($0.13)||$609.47 million||$490.00 million||View||Listen|
|6/23/2015||Q116||($0.03)||($0.05)||$684.52 million||$658.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/27/2015||Q415||($0.03)||$0.04||$802.29 million||$660.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/19/2014||Q315||($0.06)||$0.01||$927.83 million||$793.00 million||View||N/A|
|9/26/2014||Q215||($0.17)||($0.02)||$915.76 million||$916.00 million||View||N/A|
|6/19/2014||Q115||($0.27)||($0.11)||$976.25 million||$966.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/28/2014||Q414||($0.57)||($0.08)||$1.11 billion||$976.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/20/2013||Q314||($0.43)||($0.67)||$1.59 billion||$1.19 billion||View||Listen|
|9/27/2013||Q214||($0.15)||($0.47)||$1.63 billion||$1.60 billion||View||N/A|
|6/28/2013||Q1 2014||$0.04||($0.13)||$2.81 billion||$3.07 billion||View||N/A|
|3/28/2013||Q413||($0.30)||$0.22||$2.84 billion||$2.70 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.35)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.06)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
Latest Headlines for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Chart for Tuesday, May, 23, 2017