BlackBerry Limited (BlackBerry) provides mobile communications solutions. The Company is engaged in the sale of smartphones and enterprise software and services. The Company's products and services include Enterprise Solutions and Services, Devices, BlackBerry Technology Solutions and Messaging. It is engaged in providing enterprise mobility management (EMM) and mobile security, and offers a portfolio of enterprise software solutions and services that can be deployed across a range of ecosystems and devices, including BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 12 and Good Platforms, BES12 Cloud, enterprise file-sync-and-share (EFSS), SecuSUITE for Enterprise, Enhanced subscriber identity module (SIM)-Based Licensing (ESBL), WorkLife by BlackBerry solution and Professional Cybersecurity Services. The BlackBerry Technology Solutions business unit consists of five units: QNX, Certicom, Paratek, the BlackBerry IoT Platform and Intellectual Property and Patent Licensing (IPPL).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Wireless Telecommunications Services - NEC
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:BBRY
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: ca.blackberry.com
- Market Cap: $5.43 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 531,000,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $10.42
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $8.24
- 52 Week Range: $6.23 - $11.74
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 42.10
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 146.14
- P/E Growth: 209.43
- Annual Revenue: $1.14 billion
- Price / Sales: 4.77
- Book Value: $5.15 per share
- Price / Book: 1.99
- EBIDTA: $124 million
- Net Margins: 11.68%
- Return on Equity: -1.80%
- Return on Assets: -1.04%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.29%
- Current Ratio: 2.79%
- Quick Ratio: 2.75%
- Average Volume: 9.76 million shs.
- Beta: 0.77
- Short Ratio: 6.32
Frequently Asked Questions for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)
What is BlackBerry Limited's stock symbol?
BlackBerry Limited trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "BBRY."
How were BlackBerry Limited's earnings last quarter?
BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) issued its quarterly earnings data on Friday, June, 23rd. The company reported $0.02 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting analysts' consensus estimates of $0.02. The business earned $244 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $262.80 million. BlackBerry Limited had a net margin of 11.68% and a negative return on equity of 1.80%. The company's revenue for the quarter was down 42.5% on a year-over-year basis. View BlackBerry Limited's Earnings History.
Where is BlackBerry Limited's stock going? Where will BlackBerry Limited's stock price be in 2017?
17 equities research analysts have issued 1 year price targets for BlackBerry Limited's stock. Their predictions range from $6.00 to $11.50. On average, they expect BlackBerry Limited's stock price to reach $9.21 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for BlackBerry Limited.
What are analysts saying about BlackBerry Limited stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about BlackBerry Limited stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of BlackBerry have outperformed the Zacks categorized Wireless - Non US industry over the last three months. Ushering in further good news, the company's bottom line performance was better- than-expected in the first-quarter of fiscal 2018. The company's decision to end all internal hardware development and focus exclusively on software bussiness seems to be paying off. BlackBerry expects its software business to either outperform or at least perform at par with the overall market in fiscal 2018. In fact, the company anticipates profitability (on an adjusted basis) and also expects to generate positive free cash flow in fiscal 2018. In order to strengthen its position in the software business, BlackBerry has recently inked multiple deals. However, the company's struggles on the top line front raise concerns." (6/28/2017)
- 2. TD Securities analysts commented, "We have adjusted our estimates and increased our target price to $11.50 following the Qualcomm settlement. Impact: NEGATIVE The weak results this quarter have overshadowed some of the positive announcements made in the quarter. Despite the miss in software revenue, we see a number of near-term opportunities building in the pipeline that could contribute to a strong H2: Strong Radar traction: With FedEx as a customer, we believe that Radar’s opportunities will grow significantly. FedEx itself is a substantial customer, but we believe that it also serves as an important reference customer for new potential customers. We note that Radar has signed on increasingly larger customers in each of the last three quarters. The momentum seems to continue, with five proof-of-concepts moving to commercial discussions." (6/26/2017)
- 3. Macquarie analysts commented, "more stable business environment for the company."Papageorgiou also noted that BlackBerry's market share of "infotainment" technologies in the auto sector stands at more than half of the entire market. However, the company only generates around $1.00 to $1.50 per vehicle, but the company believes this figure can grow as high as $5 per vehicle.Bottom line, the analyst acknowledged that there is still risk involved in BlackBerry's stock but said, "We believe the potential returns outweigh them." (4/3/2017)
- 4. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We believe BlackBerry faces challenges and must execute on further developing an enterprise sales channel to meaningfully accelerate software sales. While we believe the senior management team is capable of executing against the market opportunity, we believe it could take several years for meaningful progress." (1/30/2017)
Are investors shorting BlackBerry Limited?
BlackBerry Limited saw a drop in short interest during the month of June. As of June 15th, there was short interest totalling 46,429,622 shares, a drop of 3.9% from the May 31st total of 48,315,986 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 12,489,789 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 3.7 days. Approximately 8.9% of the shares of the company are short sold.
Who are some of BlackBerry Limited's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to BlackBerry Limited include Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (MBT), TIM Participacoes S.A. (TSU), United States Cellular Corporation (USM), Telephone and Data Systems (TDS), Gogo (GOGO), Cellcom Israel (CEL), ORBCOMM (ORBC), CalAmp Corp. (CAMP), Intelsat S.A. (I), pdvWireless (PDVW), Filtronic Plc (FTC), Superconductor Technologies (SCON), BlackBerry Ltd (RIMM), Meru Networks (MERU), RR Media Ltd (RRM) and Ruckus Wireless (RKUS).
Who are BlackBerry Limited's key executives?
BlackBerry Limited's management team includes the folowing people:
- John S. Chen, Executive Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Steven M. Capelli, Chief Financial Officer
- Sandeep Chennakeshu, President - BlackBerry Technology Solutions
- Ron Loucks, President - Devices and Emerging Solutions
- Carl James Wiese, President - Global Sales
- Marty J. Beard, Chief Operating Officer
- Nita White-Ivy, Executive Vice President - Human Resources
- Sai Yuen Ho, Executive Vice President - Enterprise Products and Value Added Solutions
- James S. Mackey, Executive Vice President, Executive Operations
- Steven E. Zipperstein, Chief Legal Officer, Corporate Secretary
Who owns BlackBerry Limited stock?
BlackBerry Limited's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Primecap Management Co. CA (14.26%), Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can (8.80%), Iridian Asset Management LLC CT (4.96%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (2.54%), Vanguard Group Inc. (1.96%) and OppenheimerFunds Inc. (1.39%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for BlackBerry Limited.
Who sold BlackBerry Limited stock? Who is selling BlackBerry Limited stock?
BlackBerry Limited's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Swiss National Bank, Primecap Management Co. CA, Contrarius Investment Management Ltd, FMR LLC, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI and CIBC World Markets Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for BlackBerry Limited.
Who bought BlackBerry Limited stock? Who is buying BlackBerry Limited stock?
BlackBerry Limited's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Iridian Asset Management LLC CT, OppenheimerFunds Inc., First Eagle Investment Management LLC, Bank of America Corp DE, Vanguard Group Inc., Staley Capital Advisers Inc., Engineers Gate Manager LP and Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for BlackBerry Limited.
How do I buy BlackBerry Limited stock?
Shares of BlackBerry Limited can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is BlackBerry Limited's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ BBRY)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about BlackBerry Limited and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of BlackBerry Limited stock can currently be purchased for approximately $10.23.
Consensus Ratings for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Sell Ratings, 11 Hold Ratings, 4 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.12)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$9.21 (10.01% downside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)
(Data available from 6/29/2016 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|6/26/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$9.00 -> $10.00||Medium|
|6/26/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$7.00 -> $7.50||Medium|
|6/26/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$8.50 -> $9.00||Medium|
|6/26/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Sector Perform||$9.50||Low|
|6/26/2017||Scotiabank||Boost Price Target||Outperform||$10.00 -> $11.00||Low|
|6/26/2017||TD Securities||Boost Price Target||Buy||$10.00 -> $11.50||Low|
|6/21/2017||Credit Suisse Group AG||Reiterated Rating||Underperform||$8.00||High|
|6/21/2017||Morgan Stanley||Lower Price Target||Equal Weight||$10.00 -> $7.00||Medium|
|6/15/2017||Imperial Capital||Boost Price Target||In -> In-Line||$8.25 -> $10.00||Low|
|5/30/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Outperform -> Mkt Perform||Low|
|4/19/2017||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||Low|
|4/12/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Set Price Target||Hold||$8.00 -> $10.00||Medium|
|4/12/2017||CIBC||Upgrade||Sector Underperform -> Sector Perform||$10.00||Medium|
|4/3/2017||Macquarie||Upgrade||Neutral -> Outperform||$8.10 -> $9.00||Low|
|3/13/2017||Global Equities Research||Initiated Coverage||Overweight||$11.00||Low|
|12/23/2016||MKM Partners||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$8.00||N/A|
|9/29/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$6.00||N/A|
|8/29/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$7.00 -> $8.00||N/A|
Earnings History for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)Earnings History by Quarter for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ BBRY)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|6/23/2017||Q1 18||$0.02||$0.02||$262.80 million||$244.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/31/2017||2/28/2017||($0.04)||$0.04||$288.45 million||$297.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/20/2016||Q317||($0.01)||$0.02||$331.47 million||$301.00 million||View||N/A|
|9/28/2016||Q217||($0.05)||($0.03)||$390.66 million||$352.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/1/2016||Q416||($0.10)||($0.03)||$559.74 million||$464.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/18/2015||Q316||($0.14)||($0.03)||$485.21 million||$548.00 million||View||Listen|
|9/25/2015||Q216||($0.09)||($0.13)||$609.47 million||$490.00 million||View||Listen|
|6/23/2015||Q116||($0.03)||($0.05)||$684.52 million||$658.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/27/2015||Q415||($0.03)||$0.04||$802.29 million||$660.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/19/2014||Q315||($0.06)||$0.01||$927.83 million||$793.00 million||View||N/A|
|9/26/2014||Q215||($0.17)||($0.02)||$915.76 million||$916.00 million||View||N/A|
|6/19/2014||Q115||($0.27)||($0.11)||$976.25 million||$966.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/28/2014||Q414||($0.57)||($0.08)||$1.11 billion||$976.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/20/2013||Q314||($0.43)||($0.67)||$1.59 billion||$1.19 billion||View||Listen|
|9/27/2013||Q214||($0.15)||($0.47)||$1.63 billion||$1.60 billion||View||N/A|
|6/28/2013||Q1 2014||$0.04||($0.13)||$2.81 billion||$3.07 billion||View||N/A|
|3/28/2013||Q413||($0.30)||$0.22||$2.84 billion||$2.70 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.35)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.06)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)
Latest Headlines for BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)
BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Chart for Thursday, June, 29, 2017