About BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)
BlackBerry Limited (BlackBerry) provides mobile communications solutions. The Company is engaged in the sale of smartphones and enterprise software and services. The Company's products and services include Enterprise Solutions and Services, Devices, BlackBerry Technology Solutions and Messaging. It is engaged in providing enterprise mobility management (EMM) and mobile security, and offers a portfolio of enterprise software solutions and services that can be deployed across a range of ecosystems and devices, including BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 12 and Good Platforms, BES12 Cloud, enterprise file-sync-and-share (EFSS), SecuSUITE for Enterprise, Enhanced subscriber identity module (SIM)-Based Licensing (ESBL), WorkLife by BlackBerry solution and Professional Cybersecurity Services. The BlackBerry Technology Solutions business unit consists of five units: QNX, Certicom, Paratek, the BlackBerry IoT Platform and Intellectual Property and Patent Licensing (IPPL).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Diversified Communication Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: BBRY
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $7.01
- 50 Day Moving Average: $7.09
- 200 Day Moving Average: $7.34
- 52-Week Range: $6.23 - $8.46
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 352.00
- P/E Growth: -26.10
- Market Cap: $3.73B
- Outstanding Shares: 530,000,000
- Beta: 1.04
- Net Margins: -93.19%
- Return on Equity: -3.62%
- Return on Assets: -2.03%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.29%
- Current Ratio: 2.71%
- Quick Ratio: 2.64%
Companies Related to BlackBerry Ltd:
Earnings History for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)Earnings History by Quarter for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|3/27/2015||Q415||($0.03)||$0.04||$802.29 million||$660.00 million||View||N/A|
|6/19/2014||Q115||$0.63||($0.11)||$976.25 million||$966.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/28/2014||Q414||($0.57)||($0.08)||$1.11 billion||$976.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/20/2013||Q314||($0.43)||($0.67)||$1.59 billion||$1.19 billion||View||Listen|
|9/27/2013||Q214||($0.15)||($0.47)||$1.63 billion||$1.60 billion||View||N/A|
|6/28/2013||Q1 2014||$0.04||($0.13)||$2.81 billion||$3.07 billion||View||N/A|
|3/28/2013||Q413||($0.30)||$0.22||$2.84 billion||$2.70 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.02 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.02 EPS
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
Latest Headlines for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
Frequently Asked Questions for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)
What is BlackBerry Ltd's stock symbol?
BlackBerry Ltd trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "BBRY."
How were BlackBerry Ltd's earnings last quarter?
BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) issued its earnings results on Tuesday, December, 20th. The company reported $0.02 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.01) by $0.03. The firm had revenue of $301 million for the quarter. BlackBerry Ltd had a negative net margin of 93.19% and a negative return on equity of 3.62%. The business's revenue was down 45.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned ($0.03) EPS.
What guidance has BlackBerry Ltd issued on next quarter's earnings?
BlackBerry Ltd issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, September, 28th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of ($0.05)-0.00 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of ($0.16).
Where is BlackBerry Ltd's stock going? Where will BlackBerry Ltd's stock price be in 2017?
15 equities research analysts have issued 1-year price targets for BlackBerry Ltd's shares. Their forecasts range from $6.00 to $11.00. On average, they anticipate BlackBerry Ltd's stock price to reach $7.99 in the next twelve months.
What are analysts saying about BlackBerry Ltd stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about BlackBerry Ltd stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "We are positive on BlackBerry's decision to end all internal hardware development and outsource the same to its partners.The company's new guidance with respect to the bottom line for fiscal 2017 is also encouraging. The company expects to return to profit in fiscal 2017. Results for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017 will be revealed on Mar 31. Recently, the company entered into a deal with Chinese handset manufacturer TCL Communications to produce BlackBerry handsets for certain countries across the globe. The deal with Indian telecom enterprise, Optiemus Infracom Ltd is also encouraging. Inspite of these positives, shares of BlackBerry have underperformed the broader industry over the past one year. Moreover, the company continues to grapple with headwinds like adverse foreign currency movements." (3/21/2017)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We believe BlackBerry faces challenges and must execute on further developing an enterprise sales channel to meaningfully accelerate software sales. While we believe the senior management team is capable of executing against the market opportunity, we believe it could take several years for meaningful progress." (1/30/2017)
- 3. Morgan Stanley analysts commented, "more revenue becomes recurring." However, the firm is not ready to change its rating or price target, which remain Equal-Weight rated and at $7.Analysts James Faucette and Meta Marshall pointed out that BlackBerry sees 30 percent growth from its software/messaging business. They see 81 percent of second-quarter revenue from software/messaging was a recurring one. Therefore, the company needs to nearly double non-recurring revenue in the remaining period of the current fiscal year.In a research note, the brokerage said, "We think this will be a challenge to do, but perhaps the company is anticipating an uptick in perpetual license purchases at the end of the year. While the BlackBerry Radar deal signed with Caravan is a good win, we estimate that it only contributes $0.5 million in FY17 ($0.2–0.3 million of that recurring)." (9/29/2016)
Are investors shorting BlackBerry Ltd?
BlackBerry Ltd saw a increase in short interest during the month of February. As of February 28th, there was short interest totalling 48,257,681 shares, an increase of 0.6% from the February 15th total of 48,550,640 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 4,087,355 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 11.8 days. Currently, 9.3% of the company's shares are sold short.
Who owns BlackBerry Ltd stock?
BlackBerry Ltd's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Iridian Asset Management LLC CT (3.95%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (2.77%), Norges Bank (0.67%), Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc. (0.64%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.29%) and AQR Capital Management LLC (0.19%).
Who sold BlackBerry Ltd stock? Who is selling BlackBerry Ltd stock?
BlackBerry Ltd's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Trexquant Investment LP, Credit Agricole S A and Fiera Capital Corp.
Who bought BlackBerry Ltd stock? Who is buying BlackBerry Ltd stock?
BlackBerry Ltd's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Iridian Asset Management LLC CT, Norges Bank, Wynnefield Capital Inc., Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc., Seven Eight Capital LP, Assenagon Asset Management S.A., ING Groep NV and Pacad Investment Ltd..
How do I buy BlackBerry Ltd stock?
Shares of BlackBerry Ltd can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of BlackBerry Ltd stock cost?
One share of BlackBerry Ltd stock can currently be purchased for approximately $7.04.
BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Chart for Thursday, March, 23, 2017