Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (Opexa) is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the development of a personalized immunotherapy with the potential to treat various illnesses, including multiple sclerosis (MS), as well as other autoimmune diseases, such as neuromyelitis optica (NMO). These therapies are based on its T-cell technology. The Company's product candidates include Tcelna and OPX-212. Tcelna is an autologous T-cell immunotherapy that is being developed for the treatment of secondary progressive MS (SPMS) and is tailored to each patient's immune response profile to myelin. Tcelna is designed to reduce the number and/or functional activity of specific subsets of myelin-reactive T-cells (MRTCs) known to attack myelin. Tcelna is manufactured using its method for the production of an autologous T-cell product. In addition to the ongoing clinical development of Tcelna, the Company is developing OPX-212 as an autologous T-cell immunotherapy for the treatment of NMO.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:OPXA
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.opexatherapeutics.com
- Market Cap: $6.82 million
- Outstanding Shares: 7,657,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $0.76
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $0.80
- 52 Week Range: $0.50 - $4.93
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -1.07
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $2.18 million
- Price / Sales: 3.09
- Book Value: $0.29 per share
- Price / Book: 3.03
- EBIDTA: ($5,490,000.00)
- Net Margins: -274.79%
- Return on Equity: -150.46%
- Return on Assets: -97.11%
- Current Ratio: 3.78%
- Quick Ratio: 3.78%
- Average Volume: 440,781 shs.
- Beta: 2.12
- Short Ratio: 7.81
Frequently Asked Questions for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
What is Opexa Therapeutics' stock symbol?
Opexa Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "OPXA."
How were Opexa Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA) announced its earnings results on Friday, May, 12th. The company reported ($0.12) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter. Opexa Therapeutics had a negative net margin of 274.79% and a negative return on equity of 150.46%. View Opexa Therapeutics' Earnings History.
Where is Opexa Therapeutics' stock going? Where will Opexa Therapeutics' stock price be in 2017?
3 brokerages have issued 12-month price objectives for Opexa Therapeutics' stock. Their forecasts range from $6.00 to $18.00. On average, they anticipate Opexa Therapeutics' stock price to reach $11.67 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Opexa Therapeutics.
What are analysts saying about Opexa Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Opexa Therapeutics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. develops and commercializes cell therapies to treat autoimmune diseases such as MS, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetes. The Company is focused on autologous cellular therapy applications of its proprietary T-cell and stem cell therapies. The Company's lead product, Tovaxin, a T-cell therapy for multiple sclerosis is in Phase IIb trials. The Company holds the exclusive worldwide license for adult multipotent stem cells derived from mononuclear cells of peripheral blood. The technology allows large quantities of monocyte derived stem cells to be produced efficiently for use in autologous therapy, thus circumventing the threat of rejection. The Company is in preclinical development for type one diabetes. " (5/24/2017)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "Opexa reported 2Q16 with a net loss of $2.1M. The company ended the period with ~$8M in cash, sufficient runway through what we see as not just one, but two inflection points. Tcelna POC data in SPMS are expected by early 4Q, and then the decision by Merck Serono on whether to opt in and go pivotal (phase III), fund a redo" phase II study, or walk away will occur (this could take up to 60 days after data are announced)." (8/12/2016)
Who are some of Opexa Therapeutics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Opexa Therapeutics include Cerulean Pharma (DARE), Bio Blast Pharma (ORPN), Proteome Sciences plc (PRM), Dipexium Pharmaceuticals (PLXP), Ritter Pharmaceuticals (RTTR), Kitov Pharmaceuticals Holdings (KTOV), Celsion Corporation (CLSN), ValiRx Plc (VAL), Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA), Auspex Pharmaceuticals (ASPX), Biotie Therapies Corp (BITI), Cynapsus Therapeutics (CYNA), Dyax Corp. (DYAX), Kythera Biopharmaceuticals (KYTH), Medivation (MDVN), MEI Pharma (MSHL), NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP) and Ocata Therapeutics (OCAT).
Who are Opexa Therapeutics' key executives?
Opexa Therapeutics' management team includes the folowing people:
- Neil K. Warma, President, Chief Executive Officer, Acting Chief Financial Officer, Principal Financial Officer and Principal Accounting Officer, Director
- Don G. Healey Ph.D.,, Chief Scientific Officer
- Timothy C. Barabe, Independent Director
- Hans-Peter Hartung M.D,Ph.D., Independent Director
- Gail J. Maderis, Independent Director
- Michael S. Richman, Independent Director
How do I buy Opexa Therapeutics stock?
Shares of Opexa Therapeutics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Opexa Therapeutics' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ OPXA)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Opexa Therapeutics and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Opexa Therapeutics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $0.88.
Consensus Ratings for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Hold Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$11.67 (1,225.76% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
(Data available from 7/28/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/28/2016||Maxim Group||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|10/28/2016||Chardan Capital||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|10/28/2016||Aegis||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
Earnings History for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)Earnings History by Quarter for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ OPXA)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/14/2016||Q3 2016||($0.25)||($0.28)||$0.73 million||View||N/A|
|8/11/2016||Q216||($0.23)||($0.30)||$0.73 million||$0.73 million||View||Listen|
|5/12/2016||Q116||($0.35)||($0.31)||$0.73 million||$0.73 million||View||Listen|
|3/15/2016||Q415||($0.50)||($2.05)||$0.73 million||$0.73 million||View||Listen|
|11/10/2015||Q315||($2.48)||($0.42)||$0.73 million||$0.73 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||($0.14)||($0.12)||$0.30 million||$0.31 million||View||N/A|
|8/14/2014||Q214||($0.13)||($0.15)||$0.30 million||$0.31 million||View||N/A|
|5/14/2014||Q114||($0.13)||($0.13)||$0.22 million||$0.35 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-1.13 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.82 EPS
Dividend History for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 6.88%Insider Trades by Quarter for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 4.09%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/18/2016||Timothy C Barabe||Director||Sell||14,914||$0.55||$8,202.70|| |
|9/17/2014||Timothy C Barabe||Director||Buy||10,000||$1.15||$11,500.00|| |
|9/16/2014||Neil K Warma||CEO||Buy||10,000||$1.11||$11,100.00|| |
|12/18/2013||Karthik Radhakrishnan||CFO||Buy||8,000||$1.70||$13,600.00|| |
|12/18/2013||Scott B Seaman||Director||Buy||30,000||$1.70||$51,000.00|| |
|8/8/2013||Karthik Radhakrishnan||CFO||Buy||50,000||$1.50||$75,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Latest Headlines for Opexa Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OPXA)
Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA) Chart for Friday, July, 28, 2017